Subject: Any chance of updated cards for the mini-expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Mauro
United States
Hamilton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Pretty sure I have the 2nd edition, as the Dragon's Clutch cards are smaller then mine...I hope the other expansion are in line.

It's fairly obvious where the Dragon Scale Cloak is :-/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamieson
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
You could sleeve all the cards, then at least all the sleeves are the same size in the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eldavicho wrote:
Pretty sure I have the 2nd edition, as the Dragon's Clutch cards are smaller then mine...I hope the other expansion are in line.

I'd be tempted to send SPM/CMON a message asking them whether they can help you out as it's pretty out of order that you have different sized cards because of different printings IMO. Whilst mistakes in rules and mis-printed stuff should be updated changing the size of stuff is just daft.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deft Titan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have sleeved mine regardless of mismatch, but until this thread, I didn't even notice my Roxor and Von Drakk expansions treasures were a different cut than all my base treasures (1st print) and booster spawn treasures. I had noticed a slightly darker hue in the new cards, but I had not noticed the corners and weight seems to be different also.

Oh well, sleeving definitely solves the problem. It adds bulk and requires a different shuffle, but it also protects the cards.

DT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
eldavicho wrote:

I'd be tempted to send SPM/CMON a message asking them whether they can help you out as it's pretty out of order that you have different sized cards because of different printings IMO. Whilst mistakes in rules and mis-printed stuff should be updated changing the size of stuff is just daft.

Unfortunately, its pretty common for the SDE cards to be different sizes. 99% of the sets out there probably have different sizes. Most people sleeve the cards so they never notice, but it has been complained about before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.