Redondo Beach
CA
msg tools
mbmbmb
I want to make really nice rewards for DartCraft, my kickstarter project:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/g2n79esd3LQ?&%3Bvq=large&w

I'm brainstorming it right now and so far have following ideas:
1. T-shirt with a cool simple design, probably black color
2. Cool looking pushpins in a shape of armies (see in the video)
3. Nicely designed DartCraft flights for darts
4. Game set with paper-wound dartboard and brass darts
5. Game set with additional cards
6. Game set with tungsten darts and bristle dartboard
7. Dartboard cabinet with awesome DartCraft design

Which one do you like and which ones sound wacky?
Any interesting ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Spears
United States
Athens
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Be sure to keep the cost of rewards in mind - although a dart board cabinet sounds cool, getting one with a custom design can't be too cheap.

With that said, I like the idea #3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Yu
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex:

Based on feedback I received regarding my own KS campaign, people are more interested in tangible rewards that directly relate to the product you are Kickstart-ing. To that end, things like T-shirts and cabinets, while cool, do not necessarily enhance the experience while additional cards and higher quality darts will have a direct impact on their experience with your product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Stephens
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Personally I am no huge on rewards that "split" the community i.e. kickstarter only cards. Rewards should be something that enhances the copy i am receiving. Higher quality cards, minis, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercury Nonymous
msg tools
I think a T-shirt is more of a "stretch goal for people who pledge over X amount" thing, but it might be too expensive for that - not a clue on your cost per unit over bigger sizes.

Awesomer pushpins (i.e. higher quality game parts) also make excellent stretch goals, but you might consider a simple and deluxe version of the game as a whole, if your economy of scale allows for it.

Flights are definitely something I'd want to see for this kind of game, perhaps even a set of darts with flights - they should be in addition to the game though, not as a separate reward. Alternatively you can make them an add-on.

I don't know what paper-wound dartboards are, so I can't comment there, but if I bought this I would expect to get a full set I need to play: dart board, darts, cards, etc. I wouldn't want to have to buy a dart board and darts in addition - this means you can split up two versions of the game: one for people who already own dart stuff and one for people like myself who don't.

Additional cards are always good, but I think it should be a stretch goal only, so everyone gets all the cards.

A deluxe board and such could be a deluxe version of the game (see above)

I think a cabinet is a bit excessive but it could be done for a limited number, if you offer additional bonuses like maybe let the player design a card or something like that and make it an expensive golden goose option.

Also, I think what's reaaaaaly going to have to be considered for you is shipping cost, especially international shipping. Cause if you're sending dartboards or furniture, its gonna get expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Conta
msg tools
designer
As far as I understand, it's SO much better for rewards to be directly related to what you're trying to sell. I had a plan for an artbook, a t-shirt, and some other physical rewards until I spoke with Luke Crane (Game Project Manager at Kickstarter) and the CAH guys at PAX and they both suggested staying in product for overfunded goals/perks. After thinking about it, I'd suggest the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nguyen
msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
May want to check out this article: http://www.stonemaiergames.com/kickstarter-lesson-8-reward-l... - really helpful info on structuring reward levels / awards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Stukalov

Redondo Beach
CA
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you everyone for contributing, it was very helpful when making these better rewards:

$1 reward: 6 army push-pins for everyday use in office and such

$55 reward: Game set with paper-wound dartboard, brass darts with DartCraft flights, and the rest of the accessories (Marker, Tower and Army push-pins, Ability Cards, box for push-pins, and cards).

$75 reward: $55 reward + DartCraft protective screen (to save walls from darts).

$85 reward: Deluxe game set with bristle dartboard(bristle dartboards are higher quality than paper-wound dartboards), tungsten darts with DartCraft flights, and the rest of the accessories.

$105 reward: $85 reward + DartCraft protective screen.

$500 reward: $85 reward + DartCraft cabinet + dart sharpener + name in the rule book in every game set.

Stretch goal 1: additional 18 Ability Cards.
Stretch goal 2: more detailed Tower Push-pins.
Stretch goal 3: art on all of the Ability Cards.
Stretch goal 4: one more card and additional detailed push-pin in a shape of a monster (not in the video).

As for the shipping.. it is expensive because the dartboards are bulky and heavy. Although I have estimates on production of all the game components, all the prices on this list are very approximate and don't include shipping. Please comment if something looks off or needs adjustment, this is not a final version of the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercury Nonymous
msg tools
I believe Kickstarter by default presumes a pledge includes the cost of shipping. You may want to check their policy on this. Otherwise looks good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.