Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Bora Bora» Forums » Rules

Subject: 12th and Final Hut Space rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Wershing
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused about the 12th Hut Placement, can you place all the huts that are there, based on the expand roll action on your last turn. And how does that work for fish and the Red God?

I maybe be missing something but I did not see any explanation in the rules.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasvik -
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Crzybeliever wrote:
I'm confused about the 12th Hut Placement, can you place all the huts that are there, based on the expand roll action on your last turn. And how does that work for fish and the Red God?

I maybe be missing something but I did not see any explanation in the rules.


If I understand what you're asking, you can still only place one hut at a time with the expand action. The reason you'd move them to the final space is to free up spaces for men/women tiles.


And/Or to postpone to settle on the islands at that point due to missing red gods or to assure to be last on lands with worthy fishgrounds...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I need clarification on the 12th hut space. I'm bumping this to keep from starting a duplicate thread:

Question:

The 12th hut allows for holding an unlimited number of huts. However, does it have any other special abilities?

A comment I found claimed it could hold one women AND one man tile (two tiles in one hut). Is this true?

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lees
United States
Franklin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat. I fail to see the point of the space. Why wouldn't there just be a hut supply if you didn't need to build huts for men/women?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Diemer
United States
Dripping Springs
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
I need clarification on the 12th hut space. I'm bumping this to keep from starting a duplicate thread:

Question:

The 12th hut allows for holding an unlimited number of huts. However, does it have any other special abilities?

A comment I found claimed it could hold one women AND one man tile (two tiles in one hut). Is this true?



I don't have the rules in front of me, but from what I remember, the rules state that it must be free from hits in order to place a man/woman on that space. This would also apply for the 12th place. So, to answer the first question, no I don't believe it holds any other special abilities, which also answers your second question.

The reason for the game design is simple in my head. It is a matter of strategy. It is a lot easier to move the huts down to the 12th space, but it is a temporary plan, as you must eventually place the hits if you want to use the space. Sometimes the benefits you gain from having more men/women early in the game outweigh being able to use the 12th space at the end of the game.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lees
United States
Franklin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the response. My issue was that I had taken the rule about huts in a vacuum, and didn't get it. Now, I've pieced it together. I didn't remember that moving the hut was a helper action. Thus, one must use an action to make room for a man/woman tile.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Diemer
United States
Dripping Springs
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
MRSA_Major wrote:
Thank you for the response. My issue was that I had taken the rule about huts in a vacuum, and didn't get it. Now, I've pieced it together. I didn't remember that moving the hut was a helper action. Thus, one must use an action to make room for a man/woman tile.


Haha, yeah, I can relate to the vacuum idea. Bora Bora was actually one of the hardest rulebooks for me to read just due the way it was written (I taught myself having not ever played it before).

I would have to flip forward several pages every other sentence because until I understood what everything did, I couldn't just read the beginning. I mean I can operate a nuclear reactor so reading and understanding isn't a problem for me, but this rulebook was just hard for me, so I can understand the vacuum.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.