Popular Tags: [View All]
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
Pascal said, "The eternal silence of these infinite spaces terrifies me."
badge
"The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of."--Pascal
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Seeds of Dissent scenario, Oxford begins in Buckingham's camp (yellow). During the course of play, through the use of IP's, he finds himself a Lancaster (red). Next, his block is eliminated in battle, but Oxford escapes to become undeclared; but for whom?

His RoP box shows he can be influenced by two red flowers or two white flowers, Lancaster and York. In the following turn, who gets to bring him into play through the use of an Ally card? His last alliance was Lancaster, but his original side was Buckingham.

goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen A. Cuyler
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Where he goes and who controls him depends on what the elimination roll was.

On a 6, he escapes and becomes undeclared (your example). His controller does not change.

On a 4 or 5, he becomes inactive and has no controller.

On a 3 or less, he was killed and the block is temporarily out of play.

In your example, control stays with Lancaster.

As for the return to play - he (and all blocks on the roll except heirs) can be influenced by any player. The roses indicate a tendency to favor a particular house or houses (and Oxford has 2 red and 2 yellow flowers - he historically had no Yorkist tendencies, so no white flowers) and not who is allowed to influence.

No block is re-entered using an Ally card specifically, Ally cards are their own personages. He could be re-entered by the play of several other cards or appear at the next Parliament and perform wintering.

-SAC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
Pascal said, "The eternal silence of these infinite spaces terrifies me."
badge
"The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of."--Pascal
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
No block is re-entered using an Ally card specifically, Ally cards are their own personages.

SAC, the "Robert, Lord Hungerford" card gives Active one (1) Undeclared Noble as an option. I assume "Active" is a typo for "Activate." Could any player bring in an undeclared noble through play of this Ally card, or one like it (if there are others that give this option)?

goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen A. Cuyler
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I misunderstood your intent - I thought you were using the actual Ally card play to bring in the noble. There are three cards that have that particular Ally ability (IIRC) - Sutton, Hungerford, and Beauchamp. So yes, those three would allow a block to enter from undeclared. And yes, it should say "Activate" and not "active"....

-SAC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.