Popular Tags: [View All]
William
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fairly new to Kickstarter and was wondering if it was normal for add-ons/optional purchases to be overpriced compared to the current market. And then there is the $5 for 30ish Skald sleeves. Everything else looks amazing and I can't wait for Jan '14 to receive it, just wondering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantasy Flight's art sleeves have an MSRP of $4.99, and are also 50 per pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are custom sleeves with Myth Art on the back. And for that they are about market price or below.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Wilhelm wrote:
I'm fairly new to Kickstarter and was wondering if it was normal for add-ons/optional purchases to be overpriced compared to the current market. And then there is the $5 for 30ish Skald sleeves. Everything else looks amazing and I can't wait for Jan '14 to receive it, just wondering.

If youre talking about the sleeves, take a look at MTG 'custom' art sleeves
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_search.php?pa=searchOnName&...

Average about $8 for 80 sleeves.
And those are mass produced.

So theres something to compare it to at least.

For the record, KS isnt about deals. Not really.
Now, of course we want our money to go as far as possible.
But something else to think about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I understand. I thought they were just regular clear sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Wilhelm wrote:

From what I understand the Hero sleeves, ones unlocked and the Skald ones have the design on the back for the Heroes themselves.

And the $5 for 50 add on has the Myth symbol on the back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny H
China
Dongguan
Guangdong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:
Sir Wilhelm wrote:

From what I understand the Hero sleeves, ones unlocked and the Skald ones have the design on the back for the Heroes themselves.

Hey that's saying a sleeves pack would contain 50 sleeves instead of 31, right? Mercs said that? That'd be great, for there would be more sleeves for replacement or future cards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PublicEnemy wrote:
ropya wrote:
Sir Wilhelm wrote:

Hey that's saying a sleeves pack would contain 50 sleeves instead of 31, right? Mercs said that? That'd be great, for there would be more sleeves for replacement or future cards!

The Myth sleeves.
Not the Hero ones.
I dont know how many sleeves come in the Skald set, but I imagine there will be enough for the deck only. Perhaps a few extras.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PsiNorm I
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many of each sleeve pack would we need to sleeve everything (treasure pack, expansion treasure, Quests, Quest expansion, monster decks, etc.)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Cockrell
United States
Sault Ste. Marie
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PsiNorm wrote:
How many of each sleeve pack would we need to sleeve everything (treasure pack, expansion treasure, Quests, Quest expansion, monster decks, etc.)?

That is the question of the moment!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PsiNorm wrote:

Someone did the math on KS.
Think it was 2 of the big packs and 5 of the small.

For myself, im getting a couple big packs for the monster cards.
If I want to sleeve the smaller ones, ill get those later on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:
Someone did the math on KS.
Think it was 2 of the big packs and 5 of the small.

For myself, im getting a couple big packs for the monster cards.
If I want to sleeve the smaller ones, ill get those later on.

I'm going to pass on the sleeving the small cards, too.

I think that math is wrong though. MERCS on KS commented that there 125 large and 110 small cards at the Captain level. So I think you/I will need at least three packs of large sleeves.

Add 10 large for the Elemental boss if you're getting that.

It's not clear how many cards are in the Quest Expansion and Treasure Expansion decks, however. Quest cards are large and treasure cards are small?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quest and treasure are small.
Edit: Treasure is small, but it looks like quest might be large cards after all? Did they change this?

Boss decks, miniboss and creature cards are large. (and heroes, but those get their own sleeves)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Cockrell
United States
Sault Ste. Marie
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a heads up, one of the other KS backers came up with a splendid idea.

Many of the treasures are broken up into White, Green, and Blue. You can get matching sleeves for those cards which will make it easier to differentiate them if they get mixed up in the box or some such thing. Also, different card sleeve colors for the bosses. This helps organize everything AND lets you save money right now for other wild things in the Kickstarter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorfinger wrote:
As a heads up, one of the other KS backers came up with a splendid idea.

Many of the treasures are broken up into White, Green, and Blue. You can get matching sleeves for those cards which will make it easier to differentiate them if they get mixed up in the box or some such thing. Also, different card sleeve colors for the bosses. This helps organize everything AND lets you save money right now for other wild things in the Kickstarter!

I don't think this will work for the treasure or quest cards. I don't know of anyone who makes solid-backed card sleeves in mini-Euro or mini-American sizes (exact card size is unconfirmed).

Edited because I'm unsure about quest card size. The KS frontpage shows them as small, but MERCS' quoted card counts indicate they might be large.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
breegull wrote:
(exact card size is unconfirmed).

Cyan_of_Doma wrote:
Hello all,

For anyone who cares, or anyone who obsessively sleeves everything (like yours truly), I asked over at the kickstarter what size cards we'll be dealing with. Specifically I asked if FFG sleeves will fit, and Mercs responded with a yes.

So that should be Standard (2 1/4" x 3 1/2", or 57x89 MM) and Mini (1 5/8" x 2 1/2", or 41x63 MM) American Board Game Sleeves for those that use FFG like myself, and the measurements are there for those who don't.

Hope this is helpful to some folks .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
[q="ropya"]
I think that math is wrong though. MERCS on KS commented that there 125 large

True, but im sure thats counting the Hero cards.
Which are already getting sleeves.
Or is it?
How many cards come in each hero deck?

It should be one card per monster type and 10 for the boss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
I think that math is wrong though. MERCS on KS commented that there 125 large and 110 small cards at the Captain level. So I think you/I will need at least three packs of large sleeves.

Hmmm...I don't think those numbers are right, are you sure that's what they said? The base game contents specify "120 Treasure Deck Mini-cards" (which I think really means treasure and quest cards) so that's already more than 110. And then you have to add in the extra treasure cards that come with the trickster.

And I don't think there'd be 125 large cards. It looks like there's 1 card for each enemy unit type, plus 10 cards for each boss's event deck:

KS Exlusive Razorfiend and Rat/Orc = 2
Arachnid melee/ranged/captain/boss = 4
Orc minion/captain/boss = 3
Skeleton minion/captain/boss = 3 (or 4/5 if they decide to differentiate the skellies after all)
Elemental earth/wind/fire/captain/[boss] = 4 [5 with add-on]
Rat melee/ranged/captain/boss = 4
Cyclops minion(s)?/captain = 2 or 3
Minotaur = 1
Boss decks for Arachnid/Orc/Skelly/[Elemental]/Rat = 40 [50 with add-on]
------------------------------------
Total = ~63 [~74 with Elemental boss purchase], assuming we hit all revealed stretches.

Edit: Are the quest cards large cards after all? That still wouldn't bring us up to 125 without add-ons, but at least it's closer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:
How many cards come in each hero deck?

About 30 for each hero, I think. Skald was said to have 30ish cards. Other heroes might have less?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
breegull wrote:
DarthEd wrote:

Hmmm...I don't think those numbers are right, are you sure that's what they said?

Yes, that's what MERCS Miniatures posted in the KS comments on Update #42. I'm not sure how they got that number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:
breegull wrote:
(exact card size is unconfirmed).

Cyan_of_Doma wrote:
Hello all,

For anyone who cares, or anyone who obsessively sleeves everything (like yours truly), I asked over at the kickstarter what size cards we'll be dealing with. Specifically I asked if FFG sleeves will fit, and Mercs responded with a yes.

So that should be Standard (2 1/4" x 3 1/2", or 57x89 MM) and Mini (1 5/8" x 2 1/2", or 41x63 MM) American Board Game Sleeves for those that use FFG like myself, and the measurements are there for those who don't.

Hope this is helpful to some folks .

Ropya, be sure to check out the rest of the thread...the next post is me pointing out that they didn't actually give measurements or name a specific size. Cyan_of_Doma didn't know that FFG made multiple types of "large" and "small" sleeves, and MERCS gave an inexact answer, calling them something like "standard large" and "standard small". So it is unconfirmed whether the large are standard CCG, standard american, or standard euro, and whether the minis are mini american or mini euro.

Regardless, I don't think anyone makes solid-backed sleeves in either mini american or mini euro sizes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
breegull wrote:
DarthEd wrote:

Hmmm...I don't think those numbers are right, are you sure that's what they said?

Yes, that's what MERCS Miniatures posted in the KS comments on Update #42. I'm not sure how they got that number.

Huh. I have no idea how they got those numbers either. I guess the game contents on the front page are off, then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Marcil
Canada
Leduc
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:

It's not clear how many cards are in the Quest Expansion and Treasure Expansion decks, however.

I recently received a reply to my questions regarding card numbers for decks that were not specifically/obviously mentioned on the Myth KS page...

Q:How many cards are in the core box's Quest deck?
A: 45

Q: How many cards are there going to be in the Add-On: Quest Expansion I?
A: 30

Q: How many cards are there going to be in the Add-On: Treasure Deck Expansion?
A: 30

So you will need to factor these into your numbers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To OP: I've only backed about 6 so far, but yes, many try to lure you in the door for the cheap bargain before trying to drown you in premium swag you just have to buy or the game will feel incomplete. shake

Myth, so far, has done a pretty good job walking the line between making a profit and being reasonably priced (of course there's room to argue).

Otherwise, I don't do premium sleeves, so I won't pay $5 for 31 Skald sleeves or $5 for 50 (a common premium sleeve cost). I'm just going to put everything in Mayday Games sleeves. They have a wide selection of sleeve sizes in both premium and "penny" weight. I use the latter and pay around $1.50 to $2 for 100.

Occasionally you get a batch that are irregularly sized, but they do a great job replacing them (have great customer service). Many local hobby shops also carry Mayday's more common sizes at around $2.50 for 100.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Marcil
Canada
Leduc
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Draxalon wrote:

Otherwise, I don't do premium sleeves, so I won't pay $5 for 31 Skald sleeves or $5 for 50 (a common premium sleeve cost). I'm just going to put everything in Mayday Games sleeves. They have a wide selection of sleeve sizes in both premium and "penny" weight. I use the latter and pay around $1.50 to $2 for 100.

Occasionally you get a batch that are irregularly sized, but they do a great job replacing them (have great customer service). Many local hobby shops also carry Mayday's more common sizes at around $2.50 for 100.

I personally am going for the Skald sleeves since all the other hero cards will have their specialty sleeves and it would just look weird if the Skald was left out.

Also, I would recommend the premium Mayday sleeves over the regular, since I have learned from experience that the regular sleeves get quickly and easily wrecked. Plus, I order my premium Mayday sleeves from my favourite on-line store (meeplemart.com) for just under $2 a pack when I make a board game order, so cost-wise going premium isn't too prohibitive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.