Hide
16 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Criminal Safety [Deck] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian B
msg tools
So I have been toying around with the idea of a generalist criminal deck that is strong at all points. I have yet to play this and its all theory. Quite often if things go well(either I get lucky or my opponent gets unlucky) by mid-game I will end up with 2-5 agenda points, 20-30 credits, and 1 breaker out. There is also the chance for things to go not as well(ex. opponent draws multiple cheap ETR ICE, while you have no special order or that breaker type in hand). When things go bad generally I will still end up with 2-5 agenda points by mid-game, but between 0 and 10 credits with either 1 or 0 breakers out. Winning is still possible, but its pretty grim having no money as crim and the corp now established with multiple ICE on all servers.

To this end I wanted to try and make a general safety deck that will work well vs any deck type (HB biroids, heavy trace, and tag n' bag) and can also recover from being unlucky at the start. The point of Key master is to simply allow a Crecentus to be out at any given time with 5 MU and a full setup for further denying of corp money.

Identity:
Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional (Core)

Total Cards: (45)
Event (19)
Account Siphon (Core #18) x2
Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus #43) x3
Forged Activation Orders (Core #20) x3
Inside Job (Core #21) x3
Special Order (Core #22) x3
Sure Gamble (Core #50) x3

Hardware (10)
Desperado (Core #24) x2
E3 Feedback Implants (Trace Amount #24) x3
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead #9) x2
Rabbit Hole (Core #39) x3 ■

Program (9)
Ninja (Core #27) x2
Corroder (Core #7) x2 ■ ■
Magnum Opus (Core #44) x2 ■ ■
ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead #7) x2 ■ ■
Crescentus (A Study in Static #65) x3

Resource (7)
Bank Job (Core #29) x2
Underworld Contact (A Study in Static #69) x3
Decoy (Core #32) x2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you wanting feedback?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Short
United Kingdom
Grimsby
N.E.Lincs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SilverSaint wrote:
Program (9)
Ninja (Core #27) x2
Corroder (Core #7) x1 ■ ■
ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead #7) x1 ■ ■

OK maybe I'm missing something but why the E3? It allows you to break a subroutine for $1 after you've broken one but all your ICEbreakers only cost 1 per subroutine anyway.

Sorry if I'm being daft

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Benjamin

Maryland
msg tools
The Strange Dude wrote:
SilverSaint wrote:
Program (9)
Ninja (Core #27) x2
ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead #7) x1 ■ ■

OK maybe I'm missing something but why the E3? It allows you to break a subroutine for $1 after you've broken one but all your ICEbreakers only cost 1 per subroutine anyway.

Sorry if I'm being daft

The main reason tends to be that you can use it to break a boiroid like Janus for 1 click and 3 money (the E-3 triggers off the subroutines it breaks as well), but unless you are seeing bioroids everywhere in your meta, this niche application doesn't seem to warrant a 3 of inclusion into the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please tell me I'm not the only one whose mind went straight to "We can deck if we want to/We can leave your friends behind/'Cause your friends don't deck and if they don't deck/Well they're no friends of mine"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Grell
United States
Winter Haven
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A safety deck with no Snitch?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
SilverSaint wrote:

Special Order cannot retrieve from the heap.
If the corp trashes your single barrier breaker, you'll be a sad puppy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like this deck is all over the place and trying to accomplish too many objectives without focusing on one or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Bernardo
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
badge
Wargame? Eurogame? Ameritrash? Asia!! Check out Asian board game reviews at CardboardEast.com
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:
I feel like this deck is all over the place and trying to accomplish too many objectives without focusing on one or two.

I found that general decks tend to not win. Pick one strategy and focus on that. It's significantly more powerful. I also stop running magnum opus in my criminal deck as he works better with cards that make him money during a run like compromised employee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B
msg tools
The Strange Dude wrote:

Sorry if I'm being daft

With the people i play HB is very common, along with Janus in some Weyland and Ichi all over. This allows for a fairly easy way to bypass all the annoying biroid ICE and it makes cards like Janus terrible when combined with a Crescentus as you can simply derez the Janus for 1 click and 3 credits vs paying the 10 credits from a ninja.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B
msg tools
xpiredsodapop wrote:

I am unsure of how you mean. There is rabbit hole, E3, and plascrete/decoy, but that is 10 cards and two rabbit holes will always be played for keymaster/underworld contacts. That then leaves 8 cards at most that are MU specific with plascrete/decoy great vs Weyland/NBN tag, the 3rd rabbit hole vs NBN and the numerous trace cards and E3, for the numerous HB decks. You don't have to play those specific cards if they are not needed in the MU, but if you are playing in that MU it makes it significantly easier.

If I simply replaced the 2 MO, 3 E3, and 2 plascrete for 7 other cards (say 3x armitage, 2x diesel, and 2x sneakdoor) it looks like a link criminal deck and I don't see how that would improve the focus anymore then by just removing options and adding another option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B
msg tools
azuredarkness wrote:
SilverSaint wrote:

Special Order cannot retrieve from the heap.
If the corp trashes your single barrier breaker, you'll be a sad puppy.

That is why I specifically said I think replacing the 2 makers eyes with a corroder and keymaster might be better. It would add more consistency and safety in case of being unlucky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
SilverSaint wrote:
The Strange Dude wrote:

Sorry if I'm being daft

With the people i play HB is very common, along with Janus in some Weyland and Ichi all over. This allows for a fairly easy way to bypass all the annoying biroid ICE and it makes cards like Janus terrible when combined with a Crescentus as you can simply derez the Janus for 1 click and 3 credits vs paying the 10 credits from a ninja.

13, I think

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
azuredarkness wrote:
SilverSaint wrote:
The Strange Dude wrote:

Sorry if I'm being daft

13, I think

A Ninja needs 3+3+4 credits for Janus, that's 10. Exactly the same as an Archer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oops. Misremembered ninja as self bumping by 3 instead of 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you played this deck yet? As another user stated, you should pick a focus and build your deck around that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.