Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Lott
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a couple of games of this before we read the rules on line. We got some rules wrong it seems, but we enjoyed them. Our way we called 'Hardcore' mode.
Here is how it is different and presents a challenging game:

I) you can only pick up and drop off colonists if the card says you can.
This means that only two actions allow you to do so:
A) ion drive
B) early explore

This meant for us you had to make a choice between going fast (3 or more spaces) and getting colonists. It was a very competitive game.

II) When a player drew a technology that they already had but wasn't public domain, they simply discarded it, Done.

Now on one hand, your like 'that sucks! you get nothing!' On the other paw 'Neither does anyone else get that!' We found this a fair trade off, it was brutal, as one player drew several of the same tech, and nobody else would have access to it out side of licensing, but it was ok, we were all in the same boat.

Response, thoughts, insults?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Salyers
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a nice way to add additional strategy to the game... and I am sure extend the game length a bit.

I am curious with this change how the game ended? Evacuation, or Cataclysm? What was the point spread?

Cheers,
Eric
BFR Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Lott
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hollywood ending. Points were in the 42-56. I think if we were to make changes to the rules as written, I would go with the tech rule change. Actually now that I have played the real rules, I like being able to pick people up. Keeps the game flowing outwards, yet the abusive tech rule is well... interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.