Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian W
United States
Minneaplis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mb

We're in final stages of development of a ninja-themed board game and are looking for playtesters for a blind playtest. The game, Shuriken, is a big box Ameritrash style board game that will include 250 plastic ninja. Some info about the game can be found here: http://www.awesomeenterprise.com/shuriken/ This game will be a Kickstarter project.

The game is for 2-5 players (each player controls up to 50 ninja figures) and games take around 2 hours to play (not counting learning the rules), with a timer mechanic to keep games from going too long.

If the game sounds cool to you, then we'd love to have your help playtesting!

Here's what we're looking for:

- US & Canadian gamers only (because international shipping is expensive)
- People with a reliable group of gamers willing to play a prototype
- People willing to play the game several times
- Able to play the game within a couple weeks of receiving it
- Willing to email us detailed feedback on the game.

We in turn will mail you a physical prototype -- be aware that this is a somewhat crude prototype (sleeved cards, cardstock in place of chipboard, spray-painted zombie figures in place of ninjas, etc). In addition, if and when Shuriken is produced we'll send you a free copy of the game (and of course, all playtesters will get credit in the rulebook).

If you're interested, please email us at shuriken@awesomeenterprise.com and let us know a little bit about yourself, your board gaming experience, favorite games, etc. and include your mailing address.

[Update: the response was overwhelming, and we got far more volunteers than we had prototypes to give out. All of them have now been spoken for! Thank you everyone for your generosity with your time, and I'm sorry we didn't have enough for everyone!]

We have a limited number of prototypes, so we may not be able to get one to everyone interested, but we'll certainly respond to your email either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playtesting with you for 6 weeks and you've never even seen me ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian W
United States
Minneaplis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mb
To answer a couple questions we've gotten in emails:

Yes, we're willing to ship playtest copies to Canada!

There is not a print & play -- we'll send a full physical prototype ready to be played. The game is for 2-5 players and takes around 2 hours to play once you've learned the rules.

I've updated the main post as well to reflect this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
I also purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
badge
I purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian_W wrote:
To answer a couple questions we've gotten in emails:

Yes, we're willing to ship playtest copies to Canada!

There is not a print & play -- we'll send a full physical prototype ready to be played. The game is for 2-5 players and takes around 2 hours to play once you've learned the rules.

I've updated the main post as well to reflect this!

Is there a particular game size you are interested in testing or is it just important that it will be played and feedback (of good quality) had within a couple of weeks of receiving the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flabbergasted Rhino
Japan
Nagoya
Aichi
flag msg tools
badge
Get Schwifty
mbmbmbmbmb
Not interested in play testing a ninja game in Japan? Damn! Looks really interesting. The figures and clan board on your website look great. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian W
United States
Minneaplis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Candi wrote:
Is there a particular game size you are interested in testing or is it just important that it will be played and feedback (of good quality) had within a couple of weeks of receiving the game?

We'd prefer to have people who can test the game in 4 or 5 player. It's great if the same group can also test 2-3 player versions, but we really want to get as much testing near the player cap as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flabbergasted Rhino
Japan
Nagoya
Aichi
flag msg tools
badge
Get Schwifty
mbmbmbmbmb
Me. In Koka, Japan. A few weeks ago.

Who's a ninja now?

Edit*Ninjas can't always spell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris johnson
United States
Oregon
Illinois
flag msg tools
Your site has some good information about the game. Can't wait to see the kickstarter page when you get to that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Hymas
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
This game sounds fantastic. Love the theme and idea! Also, I love a little longer game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Lenhart
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mail sent. Looks sweet. Forgot to mention in my e-mail that the *ahem* sound board gamer is also a huge fan of the eastern theme, hence why Ghost Stories gets played so much... even though we get handed our... Qi to us more often than not.

Based on the info it looks pretty simple to get a grasp on which is always a great thing in my book since I have to teach everyone. Chaos in the Old World is deceptively simple, but probably one of the best/most strategic games I have ever had the pleasure to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian W
United States
Minneaplis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Wow -- that was a lot of volunteers! Just wanted to let everyone know that all the prototypes are gone now (in fact, we had far more volunteers than prototypes).

Thank you to all who volunteered your time. I have emailed everyone back and let you know whether or not we were able to send one to you. I just wish we had enough for everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.