Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Powers
United States
Triangle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Situation - There is a Saxon garrison cube in Kurland. Karl and 2 of his regiments are also in Kurland. No Saxon cubes are in Kurland.

For one action, the Swedish player declares a move in Kurland.

He moves the two regiments from Kurland to Lietuva to Polatsk to attack a weakened Russian block.

He then moves Karl to Lietuva and back to Kurland where he declares a siege.

Is this legal?

Second question - I declare a siege an area. May I then add steps to the besieging block? Is a siege considered a 'battle hex'.

Third question/clarification - Sweden is has just forced Saxony to a truce. Karl and 4 other blocks are standing in Lausitz. They need to move to the nearest friendly area. May they move to Pommern? Over the neutral Prussians (it is the closest area).

I assume no, so does that mean they teleport all the way to Livland (assuming there are no Swedish garrisons in Poland)?

Last question - may I add steps to blocks on ships?

Thanks!! GREAT GAME!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Walters
England
Orpington
Kent
flag msg tools
I'll try and answer based on my reading of the rules and how I'm currently playing the game. Hopefully Scott will verify one way or the other.

Assuming you mean that there are no Saxon blocks in Kurland, the three units in Kurland can act independently and while the two regiments go off to attack elsewhere, then Karl can just stay where he is and siege. I don't think he needs to go through the process of moving out of Kurland and then back in again.

The definition of a battle hex is one that contains army and/or regiment blocks of both sides, so in my view if you have only your blocks in a territory then steps can be added subject to lines of communication whether sieging or not.

Moving you blocks out of Lausitz to a friendly territory following a Saxon truce depends upon the definition of "friendly". I am currently taking this to include Transit territories as stated in 1.5 where I am treating the blocks moving out of a country in truce as regrouping. In this case the nearest would be Schlesien but as this territory has no forage value then the blocks may move further on to either Wielkopolska or Malopolska. I think the only way any blocks could move to Pommern in this scenario would be if Sweden controlled Magdeburg from an active Prussia and there were excess Swedish blocks above Magdeburg's forage limit of 4. Blocks could not move over an inactive Prussia.

Steps cannot be added to blocks on ships.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bpowers wrote:
Situation - There is a Saxon garrison cube in Kurland. Karl and 2 of his regiments are also in Kurland. No Saxon cubes blocks are in Kurland.

For one action, the Swedish player declares a move in Kurland.

He moves the two regiments from Kurland to Lietuva to Polatsk to attack a weakened Russian block.

He then moves Karl to Lietuva and back to Kurland where he declares a siege.

Is this legal?

Yes. Further, in a prior discussion we determined that you merely need to activate blocks for movement, and not actually move them, to be eligible for the "free" siege attempt.

Quote:
Second question - I declare a siege an area. May I then add steps to the besieging block? Is a siege considered a 'battle hex'.

A battle territory has blocks from both sides in it (not counting fleets in harbor). Therefore, a territory under siege (alone) is not a battle territory, and besiegers may receive replacements (if otherwise eligible).

Quote:
Third question/clarification - Sweden is has just forced Saxony to a truce. Karl and 4 other blocks are standing in Lausitz. They need to move to the nearest friendly area. May they move to Pommern? Over the neutral Prussians (it is the closest area).

I assume no, so does that mean they teleport all the way to Livland (assuming there are no Swedish garrisons in Poland)?

Blocks "moving" due to truce "teleport", no path need be traced.
However, as pointed out, transit territories are legal destinations for this truce-induced move, so ungarrisoned Polish territories are legal. In fact, this is why Karl sets up where he does in the short "tournament" scenario; he's just left Saxony after a truce.

Quote:
Last question - may I add steps to blocks on ships?

It's right there in 8.3: "Blocks being transported by fleets cannot receive replacements."

Quote:
Thanks!! GREAT GAME!!!

You are very welcome! Post a session report if you can, I love hearing those war stories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Walters
England
Orpington
Kent
flag msg tools
Glad you mentioned the "teleport" aspect Scott as that had completely passed me by. Presumably then if Saxony submits to truce following a final battle in Sachsen then any Swedish blocks located in Sachsen would have a choice of relocating to either/both Schlesien or Bremen-Verden? In the case of B-V irrespective of whether Hanover is active or not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Schlesien is no good, it has no forage value.

If we're talking about blocks in Sachsen, then Bremen-Verden is closest, followed by any of Holstein-Gottorp, Wismar, Pommern, Wielkopolska, and Malopolska.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.