Popular Tags: [View All]
Amund Christensen
Canada
Brockville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since we now have four new factions arriving in the autumn AND a linking theme between them, anyone care to put forward theories on what/who they may be?
This may be a good time to use your theories as a want list too.

I think a cool theme to run through would be the four elements or the four seasons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a big thread awhile ago about speculation for the first one... Most probably still stand for the second..

Id enjoy some misfit toys or something..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Leath
United States
Newark
OH
flag msg tools
badge
This too shall pass...
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul's handle on Twitter is "warewolf00"

so I can see some horror/movie trope going on. Maybe Werewolves, Vampires, Mummies(?), Sharks (Jaws?), or Apes (KingKong?)

I say this mainly because
1) I really want Sharks to be a faction
2) I just want a Vampire card called "Sparkle THIS"

Thematic cohesion aside, I'd really like a "Carnie" faction that's just filled with griefer cards you have to play as if they belonged to your opponent.

Even something like

Hall of Mirrors (Base; breakpoint 25; 5-3-1)
Players must play Minions here as if they belong to an opponent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amund Christensen
Canada
Brockville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whisperhand wrote:
Paul's handle on Twitter is "warewolf00"

Thematic cohesion aside, I'd really like a "Carnie" faction that's just filled with griefer cards you have to play as if they belonged to your opponent.

Even something like

Hall of Mirrors (Base; breakpoint 25; 5-3-1)
Players must play Minions here as if they belong to an opponent

Like the griefer idea and carnies would suit the tone of the game.
Sword swallower.....eats the opponents cards.
Strongman as your bruiser.
House of Horror (Base: only minions of strength greater than 3 may be played on this base.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica Bowman
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I thought about some factions that might be fun. Greek/Roman Gods, Cowboys (because then you could play Cowboys & Aliens), Monsters (Vampires, Werewolves, Mummies, etc.). And then I thought some 2 part packs would be fun like Cowboys & Indians, Cops & Robbers, Angels & Demons.

And although this sounds terrible on the face of it, if there was a Nazi faction. That would just be hilarious. Terribly hilarious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amund Christensen
Canada
Brockville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theusedfan wrote:
I thought about some factions that might be fun. Greek/Roman Gods, Cowboys (because then you could play Cowboys & Aliens), Monsters (Vampires, Werewolves, Mummies, etc.). And then I thought some 2 part packs would be fun like Cowboys & Indians, Cops & Robbers, Angels & Demons.

And although this sounds terrible on the face of it, if there was a Nazi faction. That would just be hilarious. Terribly hilarious.

AEG had announced there will be a common theme running through this expansion......Gods could work Greek/Roman, Egyptian, Norse aaaaannnnndd? i'm stuck for a fourth, Celtic maybe?

Monsters would work as a linked theme too.

Like the two pack ideas......day and night maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anwar Dalati
Germany
Hamburg-Altona
flag msg tools
mb
Atomikhammer wrote:
AEG had announced there will be a common theme running through this expansion......Gods could work Greek/Roman, Egyptian, Norse aaaaannnnndd? i'm stuck for a fourth, Celtic maybe?

Or Aztec. Their deities aren't that well known in the details, but many gamers at least have heard of Quetzalcoatl or Huitzilopochtli.

That said, I doubt it's gonna be gods. Maybe gangsters? Mafia, Triads, Yakuza and Cartels would be four. But then again maybe that's too dark of a theme for the game.

I partially agree with the OP: A themed set of four usually cries "Elements" - though I think that'sbeen overdone.

Regards,

Anwar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Guest
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I hope the themes are really broad, even better if they are themes which you can see if you kinda squint and don't think about it too hard. This is a game of ludicrous pairings going in to battle against other equally silly pairings. It'd be a shame if the themes gave some sort of sense to the faction combinations.

So I'd like to see themes that aren't really themes at all, maybe something like "factions you might've seen on Saturday morning kids shows in the 80s" and get things like Transformers, Thundercats, Power Rangers and Chorlton and the Wheelies. Or maybe something like "Factions kidnapped by time travellers", "inspired by TV shows" or "blatantly ripped off from other board games".

Any random mish-mash will do, just don't give me pairings that make sense! :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amund Christensen
Canada
Brockville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A mish-mash would be the most fun.
I guess new abilities will have to factor as well, otherwise it's just cards that are already there with new pictures.

Clowns.....could have a cool mechanic AND they are creepyyuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.