Hide
4 Posts

Kanzume Goddess» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does the order of the phase matter? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
fumo ffu
msg tools
Ok so the phases go from starting, play, recruit, and discard.

But in some deck-building games, you can play cards and buy cards in the same phase.

My question is do you have to go in that order? Because I was playing with play phase and recruit phase as one phase...

I'm assuming in this game the order does matter...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it does. For example, Zeus has an ability that says to skip his play phase which means he cannot put warriors or Disciples into play. That pretty much means he cannot buy during the recruit phase since he will have no Faith points.

So, I think the order does matter and should be done as written but sometimes it may not matter as you may not be doing anything that is affected by the order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fumo ffu
msg tools
michaeldavidcox wrote:
I believe it does. For example, Zeus has an ability that says to skip his play phase which means he cannot put warriors or Disciples into play. That pretty much means he cannot buy during the recruit phase since he will have no Faith points.

So, I think the order does matter and should be done as written but sometimes it may not matter as you may not be doing anything that is affected by the order.

Yea, because the first couple times I played, I kept buying cards to put on top of my deck and then use an adjuction to always get the right card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Reasoner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It does matter.

Play Phase and then Recruit Phase. The card(s) you recruit will go to the top of your deck at the end of your Recruit Phase. You won't have access to those cards during your Play Phase.

Sorry!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.