Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
binary sunrise

Christiansburg
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked in the other thread how many figures the $100 captain pledge level would receive if Myth raises $475k. Since I didn't get an answer, I counted for myself - it looks like that at $475k pledged, you'll get 148 figures for $100?

Shouldn't that be put in big, bold letters and shared with everyone who has not backed the game yet? I thought so, and made it a separate thread.

I'm not really into the world of miniatures, but isn't 68 cents/figure a good deal? And that's not counting lairs and such. (plus....there's a free game in the box as well!)

*EDIT* More figures!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Hubbard
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Re: 148 figures for $100
Honestly, given that this is going to be quality plastic, I think once we dipped under $1/mini the game became a steal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VoicelessFaces wrote:
Honestly, given that this is going to be quality plastic, I think once we dipped under $1/mini the game became a steal.

Yes, I believe Myth should be more popular here at BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's actually pretty astonishing what you get for $100. I have to think they might be taking a loss on this with the hopes of getting tons of people into the game and selling expansions / copies later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This Mytch Kickstarter saved my sanity after not pledging for the Reaper Miniatures one. kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Barnes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pulled the trigger today after watching all the gameplay videos. I went for the Captain level and hope everything there will be enough to get me started. The mini count is great, though, I don't have a lack of things to paint at the moment

This is rather unrelated, but can you still up your pledge after the kickstarter has ended? To say get more of the extra goodies if one wanted the quest deck and/or other things? This is my first kickstarter backing, but am pretty excited for this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MattVid wrote:
This It's rather unrelated, but can you still up your pledge after the kickstarter has ended? To say get more of the extra goodies if one wanted the quest deck and/or other things? This is my first kickstarter backing, but am pretty excited for this game!

You can up your pledge for more add-ons/pledge levels after the Kickstarter. MERC will have their own website to handle this. It is better to do it during the Kickstarter though, purchases after the campaign won't help us all to unlock stretch goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 148 figures for $100 !!!
I agree,... I don't think the casual observer understands the type of plastic that they are using.

I think that projects like zombicide and sedition wars are really souring the board gaming and miniatures crowd,.... There's all sorts of pretty 3D renders and art,... Then the game arrives and the sculpts are not so good, or the molds are bad,.... Then the plastic is flimsy and soft...

The mini gamers end up disappointed in the minis,...

The the gaming rules show up half baked (sedition wars at least)....

Now the board gamers are unhappy as well!

MYTH sculpts look like they represent the art very well,... The plastic is the same that Privateer Press are using in the Warmachine and Hordes line, so they should be tabletop mini quality,... And if you watch the hero deck and gameplay videos, the gaming mechanics look very well thought out.

I think anyone who misses out on the KS, and then finds themselves wanting the game,.. Will be kicking themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiosity, will the box be useless or do you think it is large enough to handle the captain level?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark guckeyson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That sort of depends on where we end up with stretch goals, which means it's a good problem to have, in my opinion. Heck, even if the don't all fit in, buying a case with foam should be less than the extra figs you'll get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
binary sunrise

Christiansburg
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Falcons wrote:
Out of curiosity, will the box be useless or do you think it is large enough to handle the captain level?

Often times with KS, you run into this situation (which is a nice one to be in). I really doubt the box will hold everything. But...if you get the foam insert, it'll nicely hold *some* of your pile of figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zheng Xuan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
yamato2 wrote:
I agree,... I don't think the casual observer understands the type of plastic that they are using.

I think that projects like zombicide and sedition wars are really souring the board gaming and miniatures crowd,.... There's all sorts of pretty 3D renders and art,... Then the game arrives and the sculpts are not so good, or the molds are bad,.... Then the plastic is flimsy and soft...

The mini gamers end up disappointed in the minis,...

The the gaming rules show up half baked (sedition wars at least)....

Now the board gamers are unhappy as well!

MYTH sculpts look like they represent the art very well,... The plastic is the same that Privateer Press are using in the Warmachine and Hordes line, so they should be tabletop mini quality,... And if you watch the hero deck and gameplay videos, the gaming mechanics look very well thought out.

I think anyone who misses out on the KS, and then finds themselves wanting the game,.. Will be kicking themselves.

Except sedition war uses restic. which is what privateer press uses. which is what myth is going to use. I personally don't like restic and I personally prefer the plastic GW uses
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So is the battlefoam really worth it? How do you transport this game? Do you have to buy a fishing tackle box to transport the minis?

I am a euro gamer and on the fence regarding Myth. Never dealt with this many minis....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark guckeyson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Falcons wrote:
I am a euro gamer and on the fence regarding Myth. Never dealt with this many minis....

I like how that's a problem for you!

I suspect you'll end up doing up a custom solution or buying several foam inserts from Battlefoam or one of it's ilk.

Quote about box is in the FAQ, starting two questions below where the link takes you.

EDIT: To be clear, one of the standard size Battlefoam trays, not the admittedly cool box insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Arpin
United States
Baltic
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The $150 level nets you 214 miniatures if the KS gets to $475,000, if I counted correctly. It ends up with nearly the same cost per miniature (within a penny or so each).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a sheet I've been using for myself to check the counts for captain here, which will be updated with tomorrow's addons/stretch information!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjaaRL7PWyeBdHR...

If you download it to local you can change the number for 'current funding' and it will update accordingly =)

The +5+6 in 'Total mini's captain' are lairs/traps, so it'll be +6+6 when we reach cyclops.

Let me know if there's a mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
binary sunrise

Christiansburg
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And it looks like we could actually hit $475k!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
binarysunrise wrote:
And it looks like we could actually hit $475k!

I'm hopeful we'll see $500k too. With the rate it's going at recently and the usual end of KS bump that projects see I think we should as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Barnes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the way things are going, we are probably going to need more stretch goals I wouldn't be surprised if we hit 500k tonight sometime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark guckeyson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is going to be inaccurate for a number of reasons, but I posted my spreadsheet updates today as follows (times are Eastern Standard):

7am: $375K
11am: $400K
4pm: $425K (although I know that was a little late)

That's $25K every 4.5 hours or so, there are 41 hours to go, so... another $225K at that rate. $650K.

EDIT: Just for giggles, if the rate continues (which it likely won't overnight), we'd hit $450K around 8pm. Will watch with even more interest!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markguy wrote:
This is going to be inaccurate for a number of reasons, but I posted my spreadsheet updates today as follows (times are Eastern Standard):

7am: $375K
11am: $400K
4pm: $425K (although I know that was a little late)

That's $25K every 4.5 hours or so, there are 41 hours to go, so... another $225K at that rate. $650K.

EDIT: Just for giggles, if the rate continues (which it likely won't overnight), we'd hit $450K around 8pm. Will watch with even more interest!

That be bed time for us in the UK! I'm off to punch out the zzzzz's very soon. I expect you over the awake side of the world to get us past $500k before I get up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
binary sunrise

Christiansburg
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd imagine I'll need to update this subject line shortly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thrawn 007
msg tools
Well, we are at 147 now. 148 should be sometime overnight.

Sounds like 525 should take us to 149 (Cyclops boss).

After that, who knows?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thrawn 007
msg tools
Correction, new goals will be 550k and 600k. So 50k increments from here on out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Kane
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
They'll tell you black is really white The moon is just the sun at night
badge
And when you walk in golden halls You get to keep the gold that falls It's Heaven and Hell
mbmbmbmbmb
It's at $474,742 as of this posting. I'm guessing we'll see well over $500k before the end of this. Today's $108k showing was quite impressive!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.