Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dana Lacoste
United States
San Diego
Canadian in San Diego
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The goko thread was from August of last year: what happened there?

I tried to sign up for the beta a long time ago, but haven't heard anything since (and the website still says "private beta")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn't it obvious they're sliding towards their doom from shortly before Rio Grande made a deal with them that sold all the digital rights for all their games to a dubious company with nothing to their name but smoke and mirrors?

I don't expect anything here. I don't have an idea how any board game company could fall for Goko, and yet they did in dozens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
I hate the idea of electronic boardgames but I must say that Goko Dominion is pretty solid, I'm sure RFTG will be too..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei-Hwa Huang
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"private beta" is accurate.

I have played a few games of RFTG on Goko and I think the interface is rather good for experienced players of the face-to-face version. (It helps that Tom and I have been consulted at certain stages of the game's development.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Branchburg
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
Wasn't it obvious they're sliding towards their doom from shortly before Rio Grande made a deal with them that sold all the digital rights for all their games to a dubious company with nothing to their name but smoke and mirrors?

I don't expect anything here. I don't have an idea how any board game company could fall for Goko, and yet they did in dozens.

Didn't Goko get several million dollars in venture capital?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keldon Jones
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first batch of beta invites went out a couple of hours ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i am sure they will find a way to mess it up completely and present the gaming community with another stunning failure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rain
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dumarest123 wrote:
i am sure they will find a way to mess it up completely and present the gaming community with another stunning failure

Seeing as mr. Keldon Jones himself is involved in this particular program, I think starting out with a negative attitude is a bad bet. His AI program has been a great boon to the Race community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you who aren't in the beta, don't sweat it... I'm already encountering issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
nbread wrote:
For those of you who aren't in the beta, don't sweat it... I'm already encountering issues.

I've only played 3 games so far, but I don't believe I've encountered any bugs/major issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played yet because when I tried to, loading took forever. I broke off after 10 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
haslo wrote:
I haven't played yet because when I tried to, loading took forever. I broke off after 10 minutes.

FWIW, I loaded the Beta version today in under a minute (Safari, decent but not spectacular connection speed). Once all the HMTL is loaded, until there is a server reset, virtually no more loading is needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
badge
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing the beta a lot and it's worked fine for me so far, haven't encountered a single issue. The implemenation is pretty damn smooth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
How goes the progress on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
So does having goko replacing their CEO change things?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Lacoste
United States
San Diego
Canadian in San Diego
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm wondering too: the beta has had issues for a few weeks (since the CEO change) and there's nothing go on in the beta forums

I really enjoyed the game and aside from a few bugs I was looking forward to it going live!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mkaen
msg tools
When I first got invited to the RFTG beta, I didn't even bother because of the Goko association.

Recently I tried the site for the first time, and
- it appears bots are offline
- no other users were online
- the beta forums are offline (or the link was dead)

I love RFTG and Keldon's AI. A native iOS version of this game would be truly wonderful. Maybe someday Goko will relinquish their rights and Keldon the rftgAI expert can team up with a Coding Monkeys or a Playdek and make the mobile RFTG the game deserves.

Hey, a guy can dream.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
they havent even updated their staff page to show the new CEO last time i checked. what a terrible company
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.