Subject: English rule please rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oxmond
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!
I got my German version Gemblo yesterday. I really need the English rule.
yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
This has already been posted to these forums, but here's another copy:

http://www.gemblo.com/wizmart.php?code=002505&lv=2#2

click on ENGLISH.

Not really the "rules" but enables you to learn to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fer moros
South Korea
Kwang-Ju
Gwangju
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is not the same as blokus? i think it plays exactly the same

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
fmoros wrote:

At a high level it's like Blokus, but of course it does not play exactly the same.
1. Hex grid instead of square grid.
2. Your pieces must be a space apart from each other along a line instead of touching at corners.

(Edited to try clarifying point 2... thanks jhsa!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janne
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
russ wrote:
2. Your pieces must be a space apart from each other instead of touching at corners.

Not a space but a line. Two pictures in the rulebook were enough for us to tell what kind of placements are legal and what not. Plays like blokus, yes, but quite different at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Edge, if you search for the unambiguous technical term. Also, that connecting edge can not go through an already existing piece (although a piece can later be placed by someone there).

We played Blokus Trigon almost to death 5+ years ago, so Gemblo is great with similar, but different enough gameplay. And it supports 6 players!

(Yeah, edge, not vertex.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

In a way this is identical to Blokus: any piece of a given colour may not have a common side with another one of that colour, and (except for the first one) must be diagonally adjacent to another one of that colour (the cells diagonally adjacent to a given cell being those that are at distance two but not along the grid of the board).

Of course there is this peculiarity of the triangular grid: a line of two adjacent cells can cross a diagonal, which cannot be in the square grid; hence the condition that is added: the diagonal adjacency does not count if it cuts a piece already dropped.

russ wrote:
fmoros wrote:

At a high level it's like Blokus, but of course it does not play exactly the same.
1. Hex grid instead of square grid.
2. Your pieces must be a space apart from each other along a line instead of touching at corners.

(Edited to try clarifying point 2... thanks jhsa!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Chang
United States
Burbank
CALIFORNIA
flag msg tools
Just got Gemblo and have a question that the rules don't explain.

QUESTION: Is it legal to place a piece that cuts off another player's "bridge"? I think so, but there is nothing explicitly stated.

Please help me by clarifying. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the 'crossing' is only required when placing a piece, other players can put pieces there afterwards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if this is still required, but here you can find the English rules: http://www.world-of-board-games.com.sg/docs/Gemblo.pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald M.
United States
flag msg tools
I need clarification as we played the game wrong for the 1st time. The original rules were not clear.

The rules say, you are blocked if someone placed a tile completely blocking your connecting line. However, if the connecting line is shared but 2 different player's tiles then it is not blocked?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can draw the line between two pieces. You cannot draw the line through a piece.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.