Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back as a young kid I was in love with the PC game Empire Earth. You would start as cavemen and as the game progressed you would move through the ages, getting new tech to help you in your battles. It was awesome. Now I want that experience in a board game.

I want something that is little dudes moving around exploring a map, while you advance your tech through the ages. I want a game where If I am doing great at working my tech tree, I could be sending tanks and helicopters up against the enemies archers and calvary.

So, is there a game like this? I'm sure there is, but I need to be pointed in the right direction. First person to tell me what game I need to buy gets some GG and if they are ever in my area, I'll give them a really sweet high five.

Thanks BGG, you're my only hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game seems like your best bet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't looked into that as closely as I probably should when I was researching these things. It does seem to be close to what I am looking for, but I'm not sure it hits all the things I'm looking for. Time to read more about it though! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff King
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know a lot about it, but Clash of Cultures might be worth a look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
CoC is one of my favorite games but it ends pre-gunpowder so no tanks, aircraft, muskets, etc

Btw, lots of people recommend the expansion to SM:Civ, so look into that as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's actually the game that set me off on this quest. It does a lot of things I like, but it doesn't have the huge range of technology that I'm looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Civilization V - You're not likely to find a board game that will give you the experience you're seeking. Try out the real deal via the PC game and you'll be set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with the previous comment, but make that Civilization IV -- with the Beyond the Sword expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
D'oh! I should have listed Civ IV as the first choice. I can agree with Pieter for his choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, the new Civ V expansion sounds interesting:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/04/12/impressions-civ-v...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardy
Germany
M√ľnster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a look at Primordial Soup.

You start as a group of amoeba, which can do nothing, but you will soon develope skills to move around, get more food, kill others et cetera...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
Origins: How We Became Human with the Origins: The Age of Reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think i'm drifting towards Civilization or Clash of Cultures. Thanks everyone. Maybe one day someone will make a board game that goes from cavemen to robots, but for now I have lots of things to try!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.