8 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Fast Advance Replicating Perfection rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Contig the fallen
United States
flag msg tools
Keen to the scent -- the hunt is my muse. A means to an end, this path that I choose
badge
Lost and aloof are the loves of my past -- Wake the White Wolf! Remembrance At Last (by Miracle of Sound)
mbmbmbmbmb
Replicating Perfection basically makes it harder to run on remote servers, and is fairly interesting. I have had previous success with another Replicating Perfection deck, but I have had less success with this deck.

The basis of the deck is creating a tower of ice on a remote server which is expensive to get through. Cards are installed in that server and not advanced; thus they may be agendas, but could be other cards or even edge of world. In order to find out, the opponent has to run the server. (If he doesn't and it's an agenda or SanSan, I will score next turn. I can even score Nisei if I have trick of light.)

I was planning on trying to test it more, but after I found out at the end of the game my opponent recorded the whole game (in order to provide commentary), I figure it might be good to ask others' opinion about the deck.

The ice I use for the remote server are fairly cheap and don't end the run, so they synergize well with Sensei and Chum. I try to use ice walls and neutral ice for protection on my central servers, but sometimes I don't draw enough of these, or my opponent draws an early corroder or yog/gordian blade. With spending 6 influence on the SanSan City Grid, I don't have a lot of influence for ice and other cards. I run mostly the usual suspect ice for Replicating Perfection, but I feel like trying to run ice that synergize with Sensei or Chum doesn't work here.

I chose to run cheaper ice because Jinteki sometimes has money issues. In general, Melange helps with this, but it only provides credits in bursts, and requires some setup first.

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Total Cards: (49)

Agenda: (10)
Braintrust (What Lies Ahead) x3
False Lead (A Study in Static) x2
Nisei MK II (Core) x3
Priority Requisition (Core) x2

Asset: (11)
Edge of World (Cyber Exodus) x2
Snare! (Core) x3
PAD Campaign (Core) x3
Melange Mining Corp (Core) x3

ICE: (20)
Chimera (Cyber Exodus) x2
Sensei (Trace Amount) x1
Ice Wall (Core) x3 ■
Neural Katana (Core) x2
Chum (Core) x3
Wall of Static (Core) x3
Hunter (Core) x2
Uroboros (A Study in Static) x2 ■ ■
Ichi 1.0 (Core) x1 ■ ■
Enigma (Core) x1

Operation: (6)
Hedge Fund (Core) x3
Trick of Light (Trace Amount) x3

Upgrade: (2)
SanSan City Grid (Core) x2 ■ ■ ■

Total Agenda Points: 20

Influence Values Totals -
Haas-Bioroid: 2
Jinteki: 27
NBN: 10
The Weyland Consortium: 3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Geek Mail sent. I don't want my tricks in the open.

Wait. Are you wanting feedback?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Hound
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

SanSan seems very expensive if you're having money issues, and it's eating all your influence. I'd give some thought to replacing them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:

security through obscurity is never a good principle to follow, you assume others are less intelligent than you (which might be the case, not saying that)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to me you are going at cross purposes. You say you want fast advance. Then you go to the trouble of building a big remote. Then if you fast advance, you don't actually use the big remote. I would plan for a big remote OR fast advance, not both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tranenturm wrote:
It seems to me you are going at cross purposes. You say you want fast advance. Then you go to the trouble of building a big remote. Then if you fast advance, you don't actually use the big remote. I would plan for a big remote OR fast advance, not both.

Yep - I think personal evolution is probably a better fast advance ID, as far as Jinteki goes.

The only way to combat fast advance is to attack central servers and the corps economy. Fast advance is expensive.

EDIT: Something like this maybe?

Identity:
Jinteki: Personal Evolution (Core)

Total Cards: (49)

Agenda: (10)
Braintrust (What Lies Ahead) x3
Nisei MK II (Core) x3
False Lead (A Study in Static) x2
Executive Retreat (Trace Amount) x2

Asset: (12)
Snare! (Core) x3
Project Junebug (Core) x3
Melange Mining Corp (Core) x3
PAD Campaign (Core) x3

ICE: (19)
Chum (Core) x2
Data Mine (Core) x2
Neural Katana (Core) x3
Snowflake (What Lies Ahead) x2
Wall of Thorns (Core) x2
Ice Wall (Core) x3 ■
Chimera (Cyber Exodus) x2
Caduceus (What Lies Ahead) x3 ■■

Operation: (6)
Trick of Light (Trace Amount) x3
Hedge Fund (Core) x3

Upgrade: (2)
SanSan City Grid (Core) x2 ■■■

Total Agenda Points: 20

Influence Values Totals -
Haas-Bioroid: 0
Jinteki: 36
NBN: 6
The Weyland Consortium: 9

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
lievendp wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:

security through obscurity is never a good principle to follow, you assume others are less intelligent than you (which might be the case, not saying that)

No... it's called, other friends/players in our FLGS are also lurkers or posters on BGG in these forums. I rather not have my deck in the open since I compete against them often in tournaments, they know I'm a trickster but I'd rather not reveal them here...

Thanks for assuming though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig the fallen
United States
flag msg tools
Keen to the scent -- the hunt is my muse. A means to an end, this path that I choose
badge
Lost and aloof are the loves of my past -- Wake the White Wolf! Remembrance At Last (by Miracle of Sound)
mbmbmbmbmb
Saan wrote:
tranenturm wrote:

Yep - I think personal evolution is probably a better fast advance ID, as far as Jinteki goes.

The only way to combat fast advance is to attack central servers and the corps economy. Fast advance is expensive.

EDIT: Something like this maybe?

This seems interesting. I'll have to try out a deck like that and see what I think.

You might be right about the conflicting goals -- the deck may be trying to do too much and that's why it's not working well. I'll have to consider that when I remake the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.