Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: A Comic Book Series rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos Finlay
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
I would buy it! Seriously, Magic: The Gathering has one, why not Android: Netrunner? It could be one series where each arc focuses on a different character that fits into an overall long term story. Not to mention that the format really supports monthly launches and that way it could coincide with certain major events/cards in the game. Yeah, it would be awesome.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, ANR needs something like this. The idea I had was to make a cartoon (animated series) about the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
There are books (some of which are surprisingly good for tie-in novels) set in the Android universe but they're more focused on the detective fiction angle from the original board game. I can't help but feel that a Netrunner comic would suffer from many of the same problems as the third Ghost in the Shell manga. Lot's of technobabble and cool looking images of cyberspace that ultimately mean nothing to the reader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd actually like to see a movie or something (assuming they don't mess it up, of course). I imagine it would be something like Johnny Mnemonic except deeper and WAY better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn E
Netherlands
Zwolle
Overijssel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I miss any kind of additional merchandising, play mats, sleeves, apps, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
First Last
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get the feeling FFG was surprised at how well ANR was received. I'd bet $5 that they are trying to capitalize on it, it is just that it takes time to go through the design cycle, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DubiousYak wrote:
I get the feeling FFG was surprised at how well ANR was received. I'd bet $5 that they are trying to capitalize on it, it is just that it takes time to go through the design cycle, etc.

It's pretty apparent that they've been surprised at how well ANR was received since GenCon last year. Judging by the rate at which Data Packs have sold out (e.g., consistently within two months), they're just getting more and more surprised as time goes on.

So, yeah, I definitely think this is the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would probably start off: "In a world where tech took over the world, 4 megacorperations arose to control the Earth. The Runners, Kate, Gabe, and Noise, wanted some popularity too. So they started stealing agendas (or ideas) from the corps. Now, instead of a 4-way race to take over the world, it's a 7-way race. Who will become victorious?"
Something like that, at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.