Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy 'Peachy' Devery
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a game recently (almost won for the first time!) but am no where near it right now, but had a question. Perhaps we might have done one little thing wrong.

When a Survivor is wounded, they lose an equipment. Does that equipment have to be 'in hand?' And will the wound need to take up one of their equippable hands?

We played that when wounded, the hero lost one of his equipped items in hand (if able) and replaced it with a wound (or died). This led to a Survivor sometimes becoming completely unarmed and with little hope of not being killed soon after. Or, in the case of El Cholo, unable to utilize his duel-wielding Machetes (which was the final nail in the coffin for us, really, leaving Wanda completely surrounded and eventually overcome by zombie reactivation. L'sigh).

Well, I ask my dear BGGers. What is the right way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Esquivel
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The rules do not specify that it has to be a piece of equipment that is current in-hand, so I would say no and that it could be any piece of equipment that the Survivor is carrying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex de Burgh
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that you're playing that wrong. Choose the equipment you lose and what slot to place the wound in.

Should give you more of a fighting chance now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't choose what slot to place the wound card in - that is always placed in the same slot as the item you discarded.

However, you can freely choose which item to discard.

Also, the wound card may also be moved during a 'rearrange inventory' action (but it may not be given, or traded, to another survivor).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy 'Peachy' Devery
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha! Thank you everyone! So if I can wound my 'offhand' slots, then life isn't nearly as hard. The simple act of being wounded and then unable to hold two weapons was severely limiting, so if anyone wants to play a super-hard mode, I'd suggest you try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.