Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy 'Peachy' Devery
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aunt Rose. I almost have a compulsion to acquire an Angela Lansbury miniature for my collection, and I would use it for every game ever. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm willing to drop $100 for her, but this is just something that dawned on me recently.

Angela Lansbury just has to be the best Survivor out there! Now to find a way to nab her...and watch in horror as she's eaten by a horde of zombies, just like every other Survivor I've fielded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, she's one of my faves. Unfortunately the sculpt doesn't capture her as well as the concept art. But she'll definitely be a top pick for me.

Fear not, I'm sure the S2 promos won't be nearly as expensive as S1. And she seems to be a love-it-or-hate-it character, so there may be more people selling her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vivienne Raper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The moustache pack. Monty Python vs zombies. Simply brilliant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that the addition of Cleese is brilliant, but The Dude sealed it for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kaercher
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see more Aunt Rose fans, she was one of the main reasons I backed season two.
breegull wrote:
I'm sure the S2 promos won't be nearly as expensive as S1. And she seems to be a love-it-or-hate-it character, so there may be more people selling her.

That's what I noticed too. Characters like Fred, Gary and Dakota will likely rival season 1 survivors on the after market, while ones like Rose will probably go for comparatively saner prices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The one that I have to have is...
ALL OF THEM!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy 'Peachy' Devery
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
breegull wrote:
Yeah, she's one of my faves. Unfortunately the sculpt doesn't capture her as well as the concept art. But she'll definitely be a top pick for me.

That's a little sad to hear. The concept art is fantastic!

And Cleese was also a pretty big punch in the right direction. So were Clarece and Hannibal, to me. All in all, I like many of the free additions. If Lea looked more like her ZombieLand character in costume, I'd probably go with her, too.

And this may shame my family name for the rest of time, but I've actually never seen The Big Lebowski, the whenever The Dude Abides, I don't get it. I know, I'm a horrible person.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blossercubbles wrote:
Aunt Rose. I almost have a compulsion to acquire an Angela Lansbury miniature for my collection, and I would use it for every game ever. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm willing to drop $100 for her, but this is just something that dawned on me recently.

Angela Lansbury just has to be the best Survivor out there! Now to find a way to nab her...and watch in horror as she's eaten by a horde of zombies, just like every other Survivor I've fielded.

FWIW, if you're not willing to go in as a supporter, it's probably still not too late to get ahold of Aunt Rose. Surveys haven't gone out yet and you could probably get someone to add the figure to their order if you asked nicely (unless they're limiting the free bonuses in some way).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ohbalto wrote:
FWIW, if you're not willing to go in as a supporter, it's probably still not too late to get ahold of Aunt Rose. Surveys haven't gone out yet and you could probably get someone to add the figure to their order if you asked nicely (unless they're limiting the free bonuses in some way).

The free bonuses are likely to be one per Inmate, Fugitive, or Raise the Dead pledge.

And, in the first KS, even the paid-for bonuses were limited to 3 per Abomination pledge, so I suspect they'll do something similar this time also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blossercubbles wrote:
And this may shame my family name for the rest of time, but I've actually never seen The Big Lebowski, the whenever The Dude Abides, I don't get it. I know, I'm a horrible person.

Yes you are. Seriously tho, watch it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy 'Peachy' Devery
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I shall do my best, naturally.

I likely will have to pass on Zombicide 2 with all the swag, as I am falling deeper and deeper in love with the fantasy co-op Myth. It also has a puppy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blossercubbles wrote:
I shall do my best, naturally.

I likely will have to pass on Zombicide 2 with all the swag, as I am falling deeper and deeper in love with the fantasy co-op Myth. It also has a puppy!

I am growing more and more intrigued with Myth. Unfortunately I don't have the money to pledge for her, so it is nothing but a dream. Seems interesting though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy 'Peachy' Devery
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KickStarter is one of those outlets I have to curb quickly, so I am only allowing myself to pledge for one project within a certain period. With Zombicide, yeah, I get caught up in the whole campaign and all of the crazy unlocks, but I also have the first game and the extra minis are coming soon, and frankly, I should have enough game there to enjoy without season 2.

Myth is completely new, and I don't have a really good cooperative dungeon crawl without a DM, so it will fit nicely in the collection. As an added bonus, the project is just exploding these past few days! And I am, of course, loving the art direction.

And, hey. There aren't too many exclusives (though there are several, now) so buying retail shouldn't be completely ridiculous.

Also, I'm totally going to end up buying or trading or begging for an Aunt Rose eventually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McCormick
England
Carlisle
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
breegull wrote:

Where did you see the sculpt?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy 'Peachy' Devery
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for that, Shoogoo! She looks happy to have fire on her side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McCormick
England
Carlisle
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoogoo wrote:

Nice. Where did you see that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
imalrightjack wrote:
Shoogoo wrote:

Nice. Where did you see that?

They were posted on Kickstarter Update #16 6th of March.

And because I'm nice like that, here are the others;

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serial MoM
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I loved Angelas mini too, but when Snake Plisken appeared this was the highlight for me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
I'm not really into the celebrity lookalike angle.

The real must-have for me was Lea, because she looks a lot like my girlfriend (who also paints my miniatures - what a gal).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.