Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A new user using the word final in the title for a list of good game. Yep, sounds about right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Now create a Geeklist with these items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo/Co-Op games that look as awesome as they are to play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
I also purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
badge
I purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aanlaien wrote:
tssfulk wrote:
Now create a Geeklist with these items.

Lol a what?

Geeklists are a thing you can make on BGG. They are lists of games, which allows users to create lists of all sorts with room for discussion about the list, the list items and so on. There's a lot of clever ways users deploy them (from auctions to lists like the one you have here).

Here's a link:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/new

And here's an example:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/155290/do-you-own-one-of-t...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
North_Irish wrote:
matthean wrote:
A new user using the word final in the title for a list of good game. Yep, sounds about right.

I really can't work out what you're meaning by this post.

He's snarking at the OP. How many of us still like the same games that got us into the hobby? It's likely that this "final" list will just be the first as the OP's tastes change and grow. But it would have taken effort to say that in his reply so instead he took the sarcasm and rudeness shortcut.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Complete & Sufficient Statistician
United States
North Potomac
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:

An experienced user making BGG seem like an unfriendly place for new users. Yep, sound about right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
North_Irish wrote:
matthean wrote:

I really can't work out what you're meaning by this post.

He's snarking at the OP. How many of us still like the same games that got us into the hobby? It's likely that this "final" list will just be the first as the OP's tastes change and grow. But it would have taken effort to say that in his reply so instead he took the sarcasm and rudeness shortcut.

It wasn't all THAT rude. It could have been meaner. The OP does need to realize that such a list is as elusive as a small pig coated in Vaseline.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Talmadge
United States
Clinton
CT
flag msg tools
REFEREE MADNESS
badge
I'm wasting your time!
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to Fantasy Island BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bass
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
North_Irish wrote:
Honestly, folk's on here will argue about anything.
No we won't!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that for me, my "final" list of ultimate games changes weekly... at least. But I also remember being new in the hobby and feeling like I somehow had to find the 5-10 "ultimate" games for me, the ones that I would love forever. It just doesn't work out that way, at least not most of the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Erratik wrote:
I know that for me, my "final" list of ultimate games changes weekly... at least. But I also remember being new in the hobby and feeling like I somehow had to find the 5-10 "ultimate" games for me, the ones that I would love forever. It just doesn't work out that way, at least not most of the time.

Yup. This is why I think threads like "Your Go To Game" are much more useful than lists of "ultimate" games. We simply have to see what we like in practice, and even that will slowly evolve over time as new games come out and we find new things in old games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like a good list, thanks to the OP for posting. Shame it was met with snark, but I guess thats the internet for you. Thats the way to encourage people, good job BGG community!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.