Kris Wolff
United States
poulsbo
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought the game, shipping soon, so I've never played it, so please excuse the basic nature of the game. All I know is what I've seen in the translated rules on this site. Here's my question:

When do desperados appear? I gather there are several up-turned cards that you can choose from for harvesting. Is he in with those up-turned cards? Or does he only show up once you've used a harvest-card and you're flipping over a new card to replace?

Thanks for the clarification. I imagine when my game arrives it'll be clearer in the official rules than here, but I'm just dying to know...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Kinney
United States
Bellefontaine
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kristopherjwolff wrote:
When do desperados appear? I gather there are several up-turned cards that you can choose from for harvesting. Is he in with those up-turned cards? Or does he only show up once you've used a harvest-card and you're flipping over a new card to replace?

The latter. There are two desperado cards, one per river, and if it gets turned up as a replacement for a harvest card, it gets played immediately, then another harvest card gets turned up. Or possibly the second desperado card. At the end of your turn, there will always be four face up harvest cards.

As for the turned up harvest cards, you don't choose among them, you can only choose the first one (furthest from the draw pile), or send it to the end of the line of face up cards (nearest the draw pile). So you can do the current available harvest, or not harvest at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Johnston
United Kingdom
Isle of Wight
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

In my first ever game the two Desparado tiles were the bottom two tiles, which lead to some pretty odd gameplay when we got down to the last two tiles and knew what they were.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.