Subject: I Have St. Petersburg and Carcassonne! Still Available! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach Drapala
United States
Temecula
California
flag msg tools
I have both (Carcassonne comes with River expansion), and St. Petersburg. They are in excellent condition. I will trade them seperatley, or together!!! I will look at any offer, but I'll put up my wants list anyway

PLEASE MAKE AN OFFER!
Try to match my wants list if you can:
Alhambra
Ark of the Covenant, The
Attika
Balloon Cup
Bang!
Blue Moon
Bohnanza
Carcassonne - The City
Chinatown
Coloretto
Cosmic Encounter
Euphrat & Tigris
Fairy Tale
Hacienda
Hive
Ingenious
Java
Kahuna
Keythedral
Lord of the Rings - The Confrontation
Memoir '44
Mexica
Munchkin
O Zoo le Mio
Odin's Ravens
Plunder
Power Grid
Princes of Florence, The
Queen's Necklace
Ra
Reef Encounter
Samurai
Santiago
Survive!
Through the Desert
Tichu
Torres
Traders of Genoa, The
Trias
Wallenstein

I really only want games from US traders, and games that are in Excellent condition or better!

Thanks,
Fresh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Isn't Anyone Interested In St Petersburg or Carcassonne?
Well, sure people want them. But your want list reads like a "Who's who of games people want and once owned will keep until they have decayed in the ground."

Not that this is a bad thing, those are all great games to want. But if you expand your want list even further you'll might get some offers...other than that, you may have to trade both for a smaller want on your list just to motivate someone to trade.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Drapala
United States
Temecula
California
flag msg tools
Re: Isn't Anyone Interested In St Petersburg or Carcassonne???
Okay, offer something that isn't on my list then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I didn't mean to mislead, nor was I trolling for a good deal. I in particular am not very interested in either--I've got just too many casual games in my collection already.

BUT...both games have lots of people listed as "wants". Why not use the Direct Trade utility, find people who want your games, then zip them a quick message to gauge their interests? You'll get more matches the more you put on your want list.

And I meant that sincerely--good luck with your trade!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindsey Dubb
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I don’t think you’ll have that much trouble finding takers — Those are popular games, and many of the games on your want list are ones on which peoples opinions vary quite a bit.

(Unfortunately, I’m not the one to trade with, since our tastes are apparently fairly similar — I also don’t like Carcassonne or St. Petersburg all that much.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Drapala
United States
Temecula
California
flag msg tools
Re: Isn't Anyone Interested In St Petersburg or Carcassonne???
The problem is, I've sent out about 20 messages, and only received 4 or 5 responses. Would it be better to send a trade proposal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: I Have St. Petersburg and Carcassonne! Let's Make A Tra
No--it's better to do it with messages first.

Of course, unless you're absolutely desperate to trade right now, you could let the inverse work for you--leave it on your haves list for trades, and eventually someone might message you looking to pick them up.

Unsolicited trade offers can seem to some to be rude (I'm talking just going in and doing an "Offer Trade" with no messages first). It's much better to work this stuff out in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, that's a Japanese CTR ring shield cut in half...
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: I Have St. Petersburg and Carcassonne! Let's Make A Trade!!
I'm never insulted by a trade offer. But a trade trade offer always needs some some discussion anyway (what condition are your games in, non-smoking house, what shipping will you use, etc.) --so why not discuss on the front end, then send official trade when details have been worked out? Just my .02 GG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ninjabob wrote:
I'm never insulted by a trade offer. But a trade trade offer always needs some some discussion anyway (what condition are your games in, non-smoking house, what shipping will you use, etc.) --so why not discuss on the front end, then send official trade when details have been worked out? Just my .02 GG

Phrased much better than I put it. Work out the details FIRST, then once everything's solid, make the trade offer.

Otherwise it's just an offer you get...this for that...then you still have to jump through all the hoops you would have in the first place. Better to get that stuff in the open from the get-go, and find out whether a deal can be had or if one of you is wasting their time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Drapala
United States
Temecula
California
flag msg tools
bumop

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Drapala
United States
Temecula
California
flag msg tools
Re: I Have St. Petersburg and Carcassonne! Let's Make A Trade!!
they are still available!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.