Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefaan Henderickx
Belgium
Kallo
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am planning to play the short game (4 rounds, 2 settlers, happy city, 2 free advances), especially to avoid timing problems, but I am thinking this may close some options like building wonders.
I did not find a thread that tells about this variant. Does anyone have experiences? Is it as good as the full game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested to know this as well since the full game can go long. My last 3p game was 3+ hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is 45-60 minutes per player. I have no experience with the short game, but I will say that wonders are generally rare in the normal game. The players are not usually developed much until round four, so it would have to have some major modifications to end by that time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan

Dallas, Tx
msg tools
mbmb
I played the 4player short version once. I liked starting off much stronger and getting to build up the civ faster.

Overall game took as much time as a regular game mainly because we had two brand new players, one of which took a while to decide on what to do. So, I'm really glad we did the faster speed variant based on that or we'd have run out of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefaan Henderickx
Belgium
Kallo
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had our "short" session with 4 with me as only player with 1 game under the belt.
- It lasted 3,5 hours (rules explanation and putting away included) which is shorter than the normal game I played before but not really quick.
- I think I liked it but I prefer the normal game because you see your civilization develop into a more mature state.
- We did see one player build a wonder, so it's possible.
- Some of the technologies seemed less interesting because they could not be used as often as in the normal game.
I make the resolution to play this game with 3 (short or normal), because with 4 the downtime discourages me, even tough I really like the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
mb
I forgot all about the short game version. I'll need to look into it again. My players fear the longish game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.