Popular Tags: [View All]
Ege Tunca
Turkey
istanbul
flag msg tools
Come to the dark side we got cookies.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello All,

A friend of mine will be staying in Lyon for a couple days. So I want to take advantage of the situation so that he can buy some games for me. Could tell me a couple stores where I can find english games?

Currently I found out these two stores and sent them a mail asking about the games I am looking for.

http://la-diag.com/
http://trollune.fr/

Thanks a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not living in Lyon, so I can't give you specific advice, but I would like to give you a word of caution : do not get your hope up much. Most boardgame stores in France have French editions of the games, because most games published in English are also available in French.

The few English games you can find are either things that haven't been published in French yet but have a big buzz around them, or things that will never be published in French but still have a high enough demand that they know they will be able to sell it (mainly, GMT games).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Drange
Norway
Kristiansand
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When visitng a friend in Lyon recently, he took me to two excellent game stores. Some games in french, but if I remember correctly most were english.

One might have been that Trollune store you have found. At least it looked like in the pictures. Lots and lots of games, stacked to the ceiling in no particular order. My friend told me the owner was super friendly.

The other one wasn't too far off, but very different. More focused on miniature games. Not your usual Games Workshop style store, though, but a very fancy "steampunk"-ish store with games I had never even heard about before on display. Like SMOG, The Thirteenth Hour and Malifaux (which I got so intrigued by after seeing it in the store that it ended up becoming my newest gaming-obsession).

I don't have names or adresses, but I can ask my friend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ege Tunca
Turkey
istanbul
flag msg tools
Come to the dark side we got cookies.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ty both.
I have several games on my mind I would be happy even if a find a couple of them. We'll see what happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilbert Sneed
France
flag msg tools
Hi,

about game shops in Lyon.

It seems to me that the shop named "La Diagonale du Fou" has closed.

For Trollune, that has several english version games, its address is
25 rue Sébastien Gryphe
Lyon 7e

You can contact them by mail or by phone.

All informations on the site http://trollune.fr/

I'm sure they sell SMOG and Malifaux.

Bye

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.