Subject: how to divide and place siege force markers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Szymon Brzosko
Poland
Bialystok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How to divide and place new siege force markers on first 2 card locations? Should I halve the sum of reinforcements and place one halve on first, the second on second location or should I place all markers (sum of reinforcements) on one and all in second location?
thanks in advance,
sz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi. thanks for giving the game a try

you do not halve the sum. place the total number of markers (adding the number on all 3 black shields showing on the three drawn cards) on both the first and second locations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Szymon Brzosko
Poland
Bialystok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank You. The game is fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kumanchik
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still confused, so if the sum of all three cards equals say - 9 then I place both 9 on the first location and 9 on the second location? or can I place 5 on one location and 4 on the other? or even 7 and 2? or 8 and 1? (so that at least one marker must go on one of the 2 locations)

I love this game but I also have some more questions:

- Do the 4 location cards go down at random (in a 2x2 arrangement) or can you place them putting the passages further apart?

- Since move is a (must) action if you use a passage (and that doesn't count as a move) (must) you still move 1 to 3 spaces?

- Can you use 1 special action for each phase or one total during the phases(1 to 3)? sounds like 1 per turn just want to make sure.

- Can you use more than one spell during your turn (phases 1 to 3)?

- when do you add mana? at the beginning of the turn right after you deal out the 3 cards (just move the marker at this point) or at some other point in the turn?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure that I'm playing this awesome game right and I'm not sure if I interpreted the rules correctly.

Thanks,

Brian Kumanchik

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi brian. let me go through your queries

the total number of cubes (adding together the numbers on all three black shields [will never be greater than 8]) must be placed on both locations.

example: the total number for all 3 shields is 5 - put 5 cubes on the first location, and 5 cubes on the second location. you do not divide the total number. (this is a siege and the enemy is storming through the gates)

the location cards go in a 2x2 grid yes so that you can loop around them with your player marker. the maximum number of locations the 2 passages is 3 locations.

yes if you use the passage you will still need to move between 1 and 3 spaces further

1 special action in total during phases 1-3, that is to say - 1 per turn

only 1 spell per turn unless you use the special action on the "Square" location card or on the "Market/Armory" card

add mana at the beginning of the turn after you deal out 3 cards yes

no problem with the questions. glad you are enjoying the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kumanchik
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Todd, thanks so much for your answers I have printed out about 9 of your games so far - very impressed with game mechanics and production quality. thanks for these!

I have played 3 of them so far and really enjoy them a lot.

- Aether Captains: Pirates and Traders
- Aether Captains: The Search
- Shadows Upon Lassadar: Siege at Kurth

Keep up the great work!

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.