Hide
5 Posts

Spartacus: A Game of Blood & Treachery» Forums » Variants

Subject: Should there be tatics cards for arena phase? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mordante Mordante
msg tools
I was just wondering what people's thoughts are regarding this?

For example there could be some cards available that combatants could use (maybe treat as reaction cards)to gain an advantage for their action such as gain extra die for this attack.

Is GF9 planing anything along these lines in expansion?.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
isn't that what weapon training is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mordante Mordante
msg tools
Granted equipment cards do this but they are permanent whereas I was thinking cards that could be played from your hand for that turn that could either increase a base stat or an effect eg..victim must take an additional wound to a certain stat or movement reduced that by X.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Treasure
United Kingdom
Romsey
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hell yes.

The combat part really stands out as a bit of a random dice-fest for me, I'd love to see more tactics and actual reasons for moving around the arena rather than the strange 1st hit dance, the fact that first hit often determines the winner and other things that detract from what could be a truly great game.

Stuff that bridged that gap between the two very separate parts of the game would be welcome here too, perhaps cards that the player could play to break a weapon or poison a gladiator so they have to win in X turns or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mordante Mordante
msg tools
Like the weapon breaking card idea as for the poisoning how about something that reduces die rolls by minus 1 or stats at minus 1 die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.