Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a geeklist where I'd like to change one of the items while maintaining all the comments etc. Unfortunately, even though I selected a "board game" to add to the list, I choose a board game expansion from the results of search box.

Now, when I try to edit the item, only expansions seem to show up in the edit list of potential items, so I can't make the change I need. Could this restriction be removed?

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand your problem.

Currently once you make the decision that a geeklist item is a board game, expansion (this decision is automatically made for you when you add an item that is a board game etc) - this is set in stone and cannot be changed without deleting the item and adding a new one.

Eg if you edit an item that is a board game you can replace it with other board games but cannot replace it with an expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
I understand your problem.

Currently once you make the decision that a geeklist item is a board game, expansion (this decision is automatically made for you when you add an item that is a board game etc) - this is set in stone and cannot be changed without deleting the item and adding a new one.

Eg if you edit an item that is a board game you can replace it with other board games but cannot replace it with an expansion.

Well you can do it, but not within the BGG interface.

In particular, since selecting "Add a board game" allows you to search for and select expansions, but having silently crossed that bridge, does not allow you back again, I call this a bug. Can we get it fixed? I can't think of any reason why the search is explicitly restricted to expansions by the BGG code[1], this certainly violates my expectations.

Just to clarify, if you have a board game, you always get games *and* expansions in the search results, but once you have an expansion, there is no way back. Always showing both would be better.

[1] And it is being, and it would be trivial to stop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So that's what it is. I had thought that once a colon was in the item title, I was hosed; nope, it just so happens that many expansions have colons in the title.

Yes, please fix this. It's been a [very frustrating] problem for a good while now….

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zefquaavius wrote:
So that's what it is. I had thought that once a colon was in the item title, I was hosed; nope, it just so happens that many expansions have colons in the title.

Yes, please fix this. It's been a [very frustrating] problem for a good while now….

Edit the DOM directly in chrome :)

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
Edit the DOM directly in chrome

laugh Great idea! *^_^* Probably more trouble than just deleting and re-adding… except when there are comments, thumbs, bag on the item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.