Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos Garcia
Spain
San Antonio de Benageber
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone tell me what do I need to play 4 players in additional to the contents at the 90L level??

Thanks!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You just need :
- the "Alternate wooden token for 3-4 players" add-on (£10, see below),
- the 3-4 players rules that will be downloadable on DPG website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Garcia
Spain
San Antonio de Benageber
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not more counters o tiles??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Deimer
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, that's all you need! 90£ pledge should contain enought units and tiles for a big 4-player combat.

If you want even more options:

1.All three scenarios include some additional units!

2.Tiles are double sided, so you can use only one side in a given game. If you want more flexibility, you can get duplicate tile sets, but its not necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Well, for this it all depend of the size of the battle.

I have the impression that with the £90 pledge you already have plenty of tiles and troops. At the moment, 18 x 2-sided terrain tiles and 21 x Punch boards (just for the "historical" content, I didn't count Cthulu and Dust). One punch board is already around 20 to 40 tokens. It can be a complete platoon (around 4 to 6 units, with several choices, equipment, bonuses…), 2D terrain…

The only (small) problem will be that all the players will not be able to have the same unit choices. If one player play british, it's even less a problem on the allied side.

If you want more similar basic unit choice for everyone, you can take the KS exclusives add-ons : alternative US Rifle platoon and alternative Kampfgrupen (£6,50 each).

If you're really afraid of not having enought troops, the scenario pack adds more units (Pegasus bridge in particular will expend the British).

In my opinion, more is always better but it's not necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Hackman
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually sitting on the fence on whether I'm going to go for the 2x sets or not. The reason is, I would like to get my local gaming groups involved in this as I playtested the original version of the demo and liked it a lot. Given that the rules have expanded greatly and the square units look much better, I think I could get my local gaming store to push for this in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you may not need to purchase the additional wooden tokens.
the punchboards of the base game normally contain the cardboard version of the order tokens, which may still be on there in addition to the wooden order tokens added with the update.
that is, unless the punchboards were redesigned to add other stuff instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could be wrong, but I believe they said that the wooden token upgrade (not the addon, but the stretch goal that added the 2 player wooden tokens) would be replacing the cardboard tokens they originally planned to have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...only IF they redesign the punchboards.
they say they add the wooden tokens to replace them, but didnt mention with what (other cardboard tokens? to fill the leftover space on the punchboard) so there is a small chance they will still be on there.
They're still on the pictures at least, both in the cardboard tokens shown and on the shown punchboard designs.
of course, to be sure or just if you prefer the extra wooden ones, you can best take them (i take themcool).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Deimer
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
About order tokens - I'm 100% that I've read on kickstarter or TricTrac forum that they will remove them from punchboards to make space for more usefull stuff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clemens kremer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the feeling the cloth bags you get with the additional wooden tokens might come in handy for the solo rules they are working on...

If you get dublicates of platoons, remember that you need to repaint the stripes at the sides of the tokens and recruitment templates with marker pens or some such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.