Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
http://boardgametop10s.com/audio/bg10.xml
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Round 4 of the tournament has begun: Android: Netrunner "best card" tournament -- Round 4 (regional quarterfinals)

I'm dubbing this the "regional quarterfinals", with the "regions" in this case being card type. Also included this time around is a little mini-tournament at the end for the Identities.

Round 4 has 40 matchups, a full slate, as every region has 8 cards going at it (except the newly-added Identities section).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Saldanha
Portugal
Loures
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand what you want with this... you compare two cards against eachother and most cases those two cards have nothing in common, just look at the Desperado VS Cortez Chip results and you'll see how pointless this is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lech Karol Pawłaszek
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oDESGOSTO wrote:
I don't understand what you want with this... you compare two cards against eachother and most cases those two cards have nothing in common, just look at the Desperado VS Cortez Chip results and you'll see how pointless this is.

Well... It's just for fun I suppose. I don't think you can make any useful analysis out of that. Except that PW is overpowered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
http://boardgametop10s.com/audio/bg10.xml
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oDESGOSTO wrote:
...and most cases those two cards have nothing in common...

Well, I don't know about that. They do all go into the same kind of deck. There is a choice to be made.

But if you don't like these contests, you're really not going to like it in a couple of rounds when we start comparing a piece of ICE with an Operation...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Saldanha
Portugal
Loures
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aweberman wrote:
oDESGOSTO wrote:
...and most cases those two cards have nothing in common...

Well, I don't know about that. They do all go into the same kind of deck. There is a choice to be made.

But if you don't like these contests, you're really not going to like it in a couple of rounds when we start comparing a piece of ICE with an Operation...

One thing is to compare directly two cards that fit the same or almost the same role in a deck, and have to choose one of them. Or to decide between the same card effect but from different factions.
Another one is comparing cards like the ones I've pointed out, where you'll have an obvious choice because you're choosing cards for different roles.

A good example would be comparing a Desperado VS Doppelganger or Spinal Modem VS Grimoire and then comparing both winners against eachother.
Or a Corroder VS Morning Star and Snowball VS Battering Ram and both winners against each other.

And if it's just for fun and giggles then it's pointless.

But I voted, BTW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.