Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Samuel Tan
Indonesia
Balikpapan
East Borneo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes, the way players vote can help you identifiy, whether your friend is a spy or a loyal member.. It's hard to explain, but that's my thought..

Here's my question..
Let's say I'm the leader and I choose 3 persons to go on the mission.. Can I reject it, just to see what the others think about this mission?
If it's allowed, it will be easier for the loyal members to win..

Sorry If I'm missing something from the rules, 'cause I don't know where is it now.. Thanks..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this is allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Kline

Bakersfield
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't jump to the conclusion that voting down a mission from a loyal leader necessarily means the person is a spy. They could very well (wrongly) believe the leader is a spy, and therefore do not trust them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Tan
Indonesia
Balikpapan
East Borneo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mitbnet wrote:
Don't jump to the conclusion that voting down a mission from a loyal leader necessarily means the person is a spy. They could very well (wrongly) believe the leader is a spy, and therefore do not trust them.

I mean, I can see that spies "almost always" approve the mission with at least enough spies to fail the mission.. This really helps, esp in 5-6 players session..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There aren't any rules against it so I guess you could do it. The problem with it is that if you are loyal and you reject your mission then you give the spies more chance of picking a team and failing the mission, it might also mean that you get overruled and have to send the team anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dante
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with all of the above. There are no sure ways to find out who the spy is short of seeing their loyalty card because they will see what you are trying to do as much you will see their vote - they can then counteract it or perceive you as trying to fail the mission enough times to lead the spies to a win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's allowed, and can be a good idea or can backfire horribly - worst case is when your play-group's group-think is too firmly set on leaders always approving their own team...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plot cards give another reason to do this as you might intentionally manipulate the turn order to keep a known spy from getting cards. Though that will usually be a 100% no vote that surprises no one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's not only allowed, I find it's often a key tactic for the resistance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.