Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
Hidden trackable information in games sucks!
badge
I play games for fun and pursuing the goal to win the game is fun! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
So the rule manual is online in the downolad section at http://www.queen-games.de/service.aspx?Id=3 now. The expansion looks very promising to me as expected!

However, I think there may have been an unintended mistake in naming the new location tile Outpost as such, as there already was a nomad tile Outpost in Nomads.

In German, the two tiles are named differently - the nomad tile is called "Vorposten", whereas the new location tile from Crossroads is called "Außenposten".

It think it would be good to have different names in English as well to avoid confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an unfortunate translation mistake that will sometimes lead to confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald, out of curiosity, what were the names you used for these two abilities?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It also seems like the components description for a 'Wagon' is in error. It says that "A wagon enters the game through a 'crossroads' action..."

Yet, the 'Crossroads' Extra Action description makes no mention of the Wagon, while the "Wagon' Extra Action description says that the Wagon is put in place via using the Wagon Extra Action.

I assume, the components description of the wagon is in error, and it should have read "A wagon enters the game through a 'Wagon' action.

OR am I missing something??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
Hidden trackable information in games sucks!
badge
I play games for fun and pursuing the goal to win the game is fun! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Frank Hamrick wrote:

I assume, the components description of the wagon is in error, and it should have read "A wagon enters the game through a 'Wagon' action.

OR am I missing something??

No, it seems pretty obvious that this is a mistake as well. Although in this case, it is not a translation problem from German to English, the mistake is there in the German manual as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.