Australia
CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
14,100+ Profile Views and counting!
badge
Want Geekgold? Visit my profile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Despite getting 6/6 on the quiz, my chances of winning Krosmaster: Arena are a snowball's chance... in a very hot place And sadly the game falls just out of my affordability range whilst it is on Kickstarter. Which hurts as I'd really love to not only fund this but go all out and go for one of the larger packages on offer with the resin scenery/tokens.

Anyways... After watching (and lusting over) the videos on the Kickstarter page, it dawned on me that whilst the big box Krosmaster: Arena may be out of my budget for the time being - the Expansion Packs do come with small maps that offer a solo gameplay.

Now I'm fully accepting that these games are probably somewhat simplistic in comparison to the actual Arena game, but is there enough playability out of an Expansion box to enjoy them on their own? Any opinion is greatly appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know the answer to this.
I just wanted to note that the base game can be pre ordered for $52

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bird
Australia
CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:
I don't know the answer to this.
I just wanted to note that the base game can be pre ordered for $52

I'm in Australia, so chances are it's potentially double that here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry bud, missed that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plat Playas

Maryland
msg tools
Mohrlock wrote:
Despite getting 6/6 on the quiz, my chances of winning Krosmaster: Arena are a snowball's chance... in a very hot place And sadly the game falls just out of my affordability range whilst it is on Kickstarter. Which hurts as I'd really love to not only fund this but go all out and go for one of the larger packages on offer with the resin scenery/tokens.

Anyways... After watching (and lusting over) the videos on the Kickstarter page, it dawned on me that whilst the big box Krosmaster: Arena may be out of my budget for the time being - the Expansion Packs do come with small maps that offer a solo gameplay.

Now I'm fully accepting that these games are probably somewhat simplistic in comparison to the actual Arena game, but is there enough playability out of an Expansion box to enjoy them on their own? Any opinion is greatly appreciated

the minimap in the expansion box is like a challenge, can you have fun with it? probably. but it will be very limited. I think it is just a way to get player familiar with that models.

you can see it here http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/370924922/krosmaster-are...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Nguyen
France
flag msg tools
The minis look awsome, so you can enjoy them by themselves.
But if you want a real game, Arena is the way to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Reasoner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Each expansion comes with four figures and four mini-maps, one for each character. These can be played as a solo mission or used for head to head battles. Each map comes with a set of rules on the back. Now these are simplified rules from the base game, but you get a good sense of how the game is played. And the missions are cool I think!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Twentier
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
As far as I can tell, if you feel like getting the expansions you can unlock miniatures in the Arena online game, and it seems to play similarly. Also, the Arena game itself doesn't seem to rely on the miniatures that come in the box, so if you found a copy of the Arena maps themselves you can almost assuredly play with the expansion characters in the full Arena game. The maps also seem to be a fairly standard 12x12 ish board with the terrain being generated through basic resin pieces. The starting characters may make for a good team (haven't seen anything myself on this) but I don't think they're really necessary. Just a thought for if you want to check out what you can do with just an expansion pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bird
Australia
CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Edwin20er wrote:
As far as I can tell, if you feel like getting the expansions you can unlock miniatures in the Arena online game, and it seems to play similarly. Also, the Arena game itself doesn't seem to rely on the miniatures that come in the box, so if you found a copy of the Arena maps themselves you can almost assuredly play with the expansion characters in the full Arena game. The maps also seem to be a fairly standard 12x12 ish board with the terrain being generated through basic resin pieces. The starting characters may make for a good team (haven't seen anything myself on this) but I don't think they're really necessary. Just a thought for if you want to check out what you can do with just an expansion pack.

Thanks for the in-depth answer, Edwin. This is what I was hoping to hear too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.