Yves Leclercq
Belgium
Waremme
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Everyone,

I bought descent v2 and just became crazy about this games.
So I bought the conversion kit and all descent v1 games (base game + expansions) in which there were minies. I even got an Altar of despair

So, I have got some spare monsters minies that I do not use (because the conversion kit does not use all v1 stuff).
I also have all the tiles, tokens & cards of descent v1 that I do not use.

Do you think some people would be interested by the descent v1 game and its expansion without the minies ?

What is the best place to sell that ? ebay ? ...

I have:
Descent (base game) in english
Altar of despair in english.
Ice Tomb in french (I have two sets of tiles for this one, I do not know why the shop sent it to me that way.)
Well of Darkness in french.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
It seems to me that most people who want to buy D1E these days want it for the minis. I imagine you'd at least be able to sell off the 1E minis you don't need for 2E, not so sure how it would go for the tokens and other bits.

==

Alternatively, you could check out the conversion package I uploaded in the files section that allows you to play the old 1E quests using 2E rules.

You'll need all the minis and most of the other bits still if you want to do that, so maybe check it out first, before selling anything. =P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryson282 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I bought descent v2 and just became crazy about this games.
So I bought the conversion kit and all descent v1 games (base game + expansions) in which there were minies. I even got an Altar of despair

So, I have got some spare monsters minies that I do not use (because the conversion kit does not use all v1 stuff).
I also have all the tiles, tokens & cards of descent v1 that I do not use.

Do you think some people would be interested by the descent v1 game and its expansion without the minies ?

What is the best place to sell that ? ebay ? ...

I have:
Descent (base game) in english
Altar of despair in english.
Ice Tomb in french (I have two sets of tiles for this one, I do not know why the shop sent it to me that way.)
Well of Darkness in french.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Ive seen auction like this on ebay.
They usually hit under $100 so dont expect much.
Also, id recommend making it clear that it only comes with X minis or no minins at all.
People might be pretty pi$$ed to bid high on it and it not have the minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Pigulla
Germany
Feldkirchen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did the same thing last year, and a while ago I was able to sell all the AoD, ToI and WoD stuff (minus the minis, obviously) to a guy from England, even though two of the expansions were in Italian and one was in German :)

I'd put it up on the BGG marketplace and just sit it out. You probably won't have much luck on eBay these days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
If you want to further atomize it, I wouldn't mind anything from base game with text on it, only have icky german version because reasons.
So mainly cards and hero sheets; rulebook probably isn't worth the hassle mailing (size).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.