Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yves Leclercq
Belgium
Waremme
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Everyone,

I bought descent v2 and just became crazy about this games.
So I bought the conversion kit and all descent v1 games (base game + expansions) in which there were minies. I even got an Altar of despair

So, I have got some spare monsters minies that I do not use (because the conversion kit does not use all v1 stuff).
I also have all the tiles, tokens & cards of descent v1 that I do not use.

Do you think some people would be interested by the descent v1 game and its expansion without the minies ?

What is the best place to sell that ? ebay ? ...

I have:
Descent (base game) in english
Altar of despair in english.
Ice Tomb in french (I have two sets of tiles for this one, I do not know why the shop sent it to me that way.)
Well of Darkness in french.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skolo
Netherlands
R`dam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i would just keep it.its useless without minis anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Mölleken
Germany
45147 Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobody's going to pay you much for the expansions without the miniatures because you need the figures to play the scenarios from the expansions. The only thing you could do is sell bits and pieces separately as spare parts on ebay. But I doubt that it's worth the effort since it's going to take a loooong time to get rid of everything that way.

So you can indeed just keep the stuff and see the game as an alternative to 2E which plays very differently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
either sell/send your bits to Auggies http://www.auggiesgamesonline.com/Descent-_c_90.html

OR, buy some heroes and monsters from them to build up your set for sale.

I prefer Descent 1 over Descent 2, so I'd keep it if I were you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Plourde
Canada
Windsor
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryson282 wrote:

What is the best place to sell that ? ebay ? ...

I have:
Descent (base game) in english
Altar of despair in english.
Ice Tomb in french (I have two sets of tiles for this one, I do not know why the shop sent it to me that way.)
Well of Darkness in french.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Because once upon a time, french version of FFG games were edited by Ubik, wich disappeared and was replaced by Edge Entertainement. Their first Descent release was the Tomb of Ice, and somewhere in the process, the tiles were slightly modified, and would not fit correctly with base game and previous expansion tiles.

Edge was very professionnal about the issue, and ordered a complete set of modified tiles for every Tomb produced, and sent them to retailers free of charge. I was given a set of tiles by my FLGS as I had already bought my copy prior to the discovery of the problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep everything. You now have a host of additional missions to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Štěpán Honc
United Kingdom
London
Great Britain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly keep it. I think the 1st edition is not only much better game than the second one but even very different (and not only longer). Maybe you'll try it once and get the same feeling, then it would be a pity if you sold all the stuff you need to play it for a couple of bucks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Burk
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance!
badge
Rakes, my arch enemy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Artaterxes wrote:
Polylux1 wrote:
Certainly keep it. I think the 1st edition is not only much better game than the second one but even very different (and not only longer). Maybe you'll try it once and get the same feeling, then it would be a pity if you sold all the stuff you need to play it for a couple of bucks...

I mean this in the nicest way possible...
But for every day I try playing Second Edition, I play the original for another week or two.

Lol, I had been trying to come up with a polite way to say "keep the best edition, first edition! Second sucks!" so as not to sound too biased or come off like a jerk but you did it well! Now I won't have to come across like a jerk too!

Wait a minute...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley LuAllen
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
I have recently lost my quest guide so I'd be willing to purchase that from you if you're looking to piece out the stuff.

DM me if you're interested with a price and we can go from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.