DRIZZT PLAYER
msg tools
I have run through adv1 and ready for adv2.

When a villain is part of the adventure.. do you use their power cards? The book says to use Artemis villain/player card and game piece, but does not say anything about going to the advanced deck and pulling any power cards. Without doing this, Artemis doesn't have an attack, so i assume I am supposed to use them.

If so, do you only use the one basic attack power, or would the current player use whatever powers are at his disposal? Surely this would make defeating him more difficult, but more true to role-playing.

I've looked ahead and see there is an adventure where the player BECOMES Artemis, and it does specify to choose and use powers, but the early adv 2 does not seem to adequately instruct on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG!

Usually villains are not playable characters but in LoD, 2 of the villains can actually be chosen as a player's "hero" character.

When the villain is part of the adventure setup, use the card that looks like this (the tactics and attacks are stated on the card):

If the adventure allows you to choose Artemis or Jaraxle as a player, use the card that looks like this (plus all the At-Will, Utility and Daily power cards):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DRIZZT PLAYER
msg tools
Ahhhh.... I grabbed the blue card instead of the purple. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DRIZZT PLAYER
msg tools
Followup question on encounters. When you explore and place a black triangle tile, and the encounter drawn says the effect applies to all heroes in the tile, does it mean the NEW tile that was just placed, or the existing tile that the hero explored from or the current tile they are on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orlando Neto
Brazil
Rio das Ostras
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have cards in my hands right now, but the encounters, most of the times, target the active hero and some time any other heroes in the same tile of the active hero.
When you explore a new tile, the new encounter will target the active hero that will be in the existing tile, even traps will work this way.
Cat-brie can move before the exploration phase is over, so she can move to the new tile and take te encounter by herself in the new placed tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.