Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Chaos in the Android world? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking at Chaos in the old world and thought it could be re-themed for the android world with the 4 mega-corps fighting it out for control of the regions.

You could have lawyers to do battle and remove opposition figures, employees to add influence tokens and CEOs instead of greater demons.

Weyland = Khorne (Army of private security / lawyers to take over by force)
NBN = Nurgle (trying to gain populous regions)
Haas Bioroid = Slaanesh (gain control of the wealthy with Adonis droids!)
Jinteki = Tzeentch (Moving things around and being tricky with precog)

It wouldn't be a perfect fit and some stuff would probably have to be changed, but I think it would make for a fun android game. And FFG to own both so it would be possible...

What do you think? Do you want to conquer the world as a duelling mega-corp?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I LOVE THIS. My two favorite games. The events would be runners and the expansion would have to be some neutral corp ( or perhaps a runner). The board could be a city scape or a computer grid. The characters could be ice breakers/ice as each faction tries to take sections of the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't like Chaos in the Old World so much (too many tokens, messy mechanics, difficult to strategise and learn), but this sounds like a damn fun idea

Corruption could literally still be Corruption, lol. Corruption EVERYWHERE in New Angeles

Heck, doing it in ANR vision might clean up the board and the rules and allow me to understand it all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's very interesting. I thought the game was pretty straight forward. Especially when you compare it to NETRUNNER

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't tried playing the original; but I read the rules online and thought it looked interesting. I used to have a chaos warhammer army back in the day so the theme appealed. The mechanics look fun, but I need to find 3 other people who would be keen and track down a copy...

I like the idea of keeping it as corruption tokens, once a zone is completely corrupt its owned by the companies and can't go back!

Runners could replace the Hero tokens and would slowly eliminate the Corps assets.

You could even try playing it on the Android board with Wyldside and the beanstalk and so on as zones to corrupt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the upkeeping and the difficult-to-figure win conditions... Corruption tokens are the devil. Counting them up is even worse. The board didn't make much sense to me (this next to that and that next to that and everything is poo colour and texture)...

Netrunner to me is a lot more streamlined. But hey, these are all personal preferences

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Double Plus Undead
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
It's the upkeeping and the difficult-to-figure win conditions... Corruption tokens are the devil. Counting them up is even worse. The board didn't make much sense to me (this next to that and that next to that and everything is poo colour and texture)...

It took me a couple of games to "get it", but once I did, I loved it. I like the art, but I agree there's a problem with the board's graphic design. It's hard to pick out the game-relevant portions (e.g. borders).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hallinan
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
I didn't like Chaos in the Old World so much (too many tokens, messy mechanics, difficult to strategise and learn)...

And again, you *really* jump at the occasion to say how much you dislike this game even though you've only played it once

Overall, I do like the idea - though I do wonder how or if one could think up a comparison to the Horned Rat god introduced in the expansion.

The Old World cards could revolve around the Runners, rather than the old world "resisting" the chaos gods. I'd love to see this fleshed out - hell, I'll give it some day dreaming time myself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kharrak wrote:
Tuism wrote:
I didn't like Chaos in the Old World so much (too many tokens, messy mechanics, difficult to strategise and learn)...

And again, you *really* jump at the occasion to say how much you dislike this game even though you've only played it once

Overall, I do like the idea - though I do wonder how or if one could think up a comparison to the Horned Rat god introduced in the expansion.

The Old World cards could revolve around the Runners, rather than the old world "resisting" the chaos gods. I'd love to see this fleshed out - hell, I'll give it some day dreaming time myself!

Twice

Horned Rat could be Humanity First, everyone's been bitching about not having them in the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if you got an artist and re-themed the whole game do you think FFG would let you release the materials for people to print? I don't know what their stance is on fan-made materials.

I do like the idea of the runners being a small thorn in the various corps sides via the old world cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.