Neural EMP (Core) x3

Upgrade: (0)

Total Agenda Points: 20

Influence Values Totals -
Haas-Bioroid: 0
Jinteki: 32
NBN: 3
The Weyland Consortium: 12

The tournament was 3 rounds of swiss followed by a cut to 1/2, 3/4 (what a weird format). This deck was undefeated until the last game which literally came down to an HQ access (3/5 chance of winning). This is a small sample size however, and I suspect that our location isn't the most competitive.

All that said, I don't see many "proven" Jinteki decks posted here.

This one is based on Tuism's deck here: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/11578175#11578175

As with all Jinteki, if the runner is too aggressive then they will die to a combination of Snare!, Fetal AI, and Neural EMP. If the runner is inexperienced then they will often kill themselves if Jinteki just plays conservatively.

Against experienced opponents you need to score agendas and win that way or cause them to play aggressive to prevent an agenda win, which means keeping the runner poor/afraid. IMO this primarily means always being able to threaten a Snare! while still playing out your ICE.

Notice that Chimera is by far my most expensive ICE, and that only costs 2 credits. Most of the ICE (Weyland and NBN) that I am running will generally net me credits in the long run and cost 0-1 credits if the runner doesn't stop it.

General play advice:
1. Have 4 credits for Snare! when the runner accesses cards.

2. Slow down, there is no need to play out agendas too early or advance them quickly once they are out. You are Jinteki, the runner is expecting a bluff more often than not.

3. Play your tax ICE primarily on your central servers because they are run a lot more than your remotes.

4. Chimera is best as the innermost ICE on remote servers, this protects it from Inside Job and also means the runner invests the most credits before you block them.

5. Play some unprotected assets and see if the runner is checking them, if not you may be able to bluff agendas. This indicates to me that I should play a "sideways" strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sechzger
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't like the Edge of World in this deck.
Most people don't run on non advanced cards in Jinteki, because there is just Braintrust you normally can represent or a melange, perhaps False Lead.

With Chimera Dedicated Server would look sweet.
For 2 influence i am not really a fan of Caduceus. Link is played quite often right now.
Where is Katana and perhaps Thorns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Angell
msg tools
no katana makes me sad. beanstalks gives you the potential of opening with dual katana or katana -> snare or snare/snare.

i can see skimping on wall of thorns. it belongs in corp decks with money. i think viktor and ichi are great splashes in this type of deck over cadueceus.

im also not a huge fan of edge of world unless you have san san to compel the runner to run on unadvanced card in iced remotes.

against experienced players i tend to just run out of gas at 5-6 agenda points. my remote server is just not expensive enough and im usually stuck trying to score a fetal AI to win lol.

i really think this deck is waiting for hokusai grid and possibly ronin until it rounds into form. right now its missing the power finish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Ferguson
United States
Union
KY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think adding trick of light would make edge of world a much larger threat. I like your ice usage and I will tinker with this and try to add in Trick of Light to make edge of world a better trap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R N
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm just going to reiterate that Chimera is the most expensive ICE in the deck. During the tournament I was able to keep 4-10 credits in the bank on the runner's turn even after rez'ing ICE. Jinteki with credits and a lot of facedown cards is a scary proposition for the runner. Remember, the runner doesn't actually know what is in the deck.

Caduceus is really good when the runner doesn't have a lot of link, very often it pays for itself immediately. If it won't do that you can just leave it out there until you can get Chum in front of it (or just leave it unrezzed and make them think it is something big for later). Also I never saw high link in the tournament, which may be a regional thing. I know many of the decks I see on BGG have little to no link, and I have seen people not install link against Jinteki.

I agree that Trick of Light makes Edge of World a stronger play.

If Hokusai Grid were available, I would run it. However, once Hokusai Grid becomes available so will a bunch of other cards, so who knows where things will fall then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heyyy I'm flattered, congrats, your deck is certainly your own!

In principle I like the addition of caddie and shadow, they're good economical ice, though in my versions I didn't have the influence to spare pop up suffices for me most of the time

Seems like you've gone a bit more defensive compared to my versions of reckless mad damaging with false lead I'm totally loving jinteki PE more now. Incredibly fun.

On going sideways - you should always, but just as you are testing the runner, they're testing you. I found that often if you throw stuff out, and the runner doesn't bite, they'll start to run on the later stuff you throw out. So it may be worth it sometimes to throw out agendas first, wait, then throw traps out. You're a runner too, so think like one

Then come back and throw ice on something to protect a trap and bait out a trick or something, happens all the time - throw a chimera on a snare that didn't get love, and Rez it when they come on. Watch the inside job fly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sechzger
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two guys now mentioned Edge of World and Trick of lIght have some symbiosis going.
What am i missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bingo Little
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
How does this deck do against noise mill in full ignore mode? What's your win-loss against noise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Benwood
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am wondering the same thing. I just started playing and see that Edge of World does not say anything about it being able to be advanced and Trick of light moves advancement tokens to a card that can be advanced?

Project Junebug says right on the card can be advanced. Edge of World does not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Benjamin

Maryland
msg tools
Zarash wrote:
I am wondering the same thing. I just started playing and see that Edge of World does not say anything about it being able to be advanced and Trick of light moves advancement tokens to a card that can be advanced?

Project Junebug says right on the card can be advanced. Edge of World does not.

They mean that with this deck, which is full of 4/2 agendas, Edge of World doesn't look that threatening when you put it down since most stuff you wouldn't be able to score any given turn without advancing it once beforehand. With ToL, you can threaten to score a 4/2 after putting down an unknown asset/ agenda without advancing it. This makes the runner a lot more likely to see an unadvanced asset and run it, which in turn makes EoW a lot better.

Basically, without ToL, Edge of World doesn't look like something they urgently need to run which makes it a lot worse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R N
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
@recallme
jediloser is absolutely right, for a long time it was very safe for the runner to ignore Jinteki's unadvanced agendas/assets because they would not be able to score an unadvanced agenda without giving the runner another shot at it first. Trick of Light changes that because now 4 cost agendas can be scored in one turn after they are installed.

That said, the runner only has to suspect that you run ToL for it to have this effect. Like many of Jinteki's cards, the threat of this card is the best part so you might be able to get the benefits without actually having the card...

@sciencebuster
I imagine the deck would do poorly against a dedicated miller. I say this because the clock is very slow, this deck needs to score 4 relatively expensive agendas before the anarch mills enough cards to win. Conversely, Weyland's clock is much faster (Posted Bounty + Scorched Earth). I haven't actually played against that deck though, so I'm only speculating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sechzger
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For ToL we would like to have some advancement tokens on some cards.
I don't see any chances besides other Agendas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R N
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Fetal AI and Junebug are both places to store tokens. It isn't like ToL is a dead card in my deck :p!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Benjamin

Maryland
msg tools
slacks wrote:
Fetal AI and Junebug are both places to store tokens. It isn't like ToL is a dead card in my deck !

Also, Shadow is advancable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.