Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone explain the how range works for enemies? Do sites have some range factor or can they only reach in their quadrant? Appreciate any help on this, working through Iraq 91 and currently stuck with this question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb

The four bandits/sites in the lower left corner of the image all have different range.

Sa-13 can only reach it's own quadrant as it doesn't have a range number.(Range is 0 and can only hit the quadrant it is in.)
Sa-10 can hit 3 quadrants away as it's range is 3. (The 3 in the black circle on the right of the counter)
Mig-21 has a 1 range and can hit the adjacent quadrant.
Mig-25 has a 4 range and can hit 4 quadrants away.

Did that make it clearer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! last night I was drawing all these no range enemies and got confused...I remember the black circle info now, thanks!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomas Takala
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
badge
Silk for Calde!
mbmbmbmbmb
From page 2 of the rulebook:

The counter’s range number is in the black circle and indicates
the maximum range of the counter’s Attack. If a counter does
not have a range number, it can only Attack Aircraft in its same
Area.

The H or L indicates its ability to Attack Aircraft at High, Low,
or both Altitudes.

Also:

Always use the shortest path when calculating range for an
Attack or movement.
The Areas adjacent to the Center Area are: the Approach Areas.
The Areas adjacent to an Approach Area are: the Center Area,
the Approach Areas that touch the Approach Area, and the Pre-
Approach Areas that touch the Approach Area
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, Almost made it through one turn, but have another quick question. The game is always telling me to attack random sites or random pilots, how do you choose randomly? Right now I'm just giving everything a number and rolling the die to see...am I interpreting this correctly? That's the only way I know to make it truly random. I did a quick orum search and didn't find an answer.

Game is awesome....even if I do always roll a 10 when the sites are attacking me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomas Takala
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
badge
Silk for Calde!
mbmbmbmbmb
ryanking wrote:
OK, Almost made it through one turn, but have another quick question. The game is always telling me to attack random sites or random pilots, how do you choose randomly? Right now I'm just giving everything a number and rolling the die to see...am I interpreting this correctly? That's the only way I know to make it truly random. I did a quick orum search and didn't find an answer.

Game is awesome....even if I do always roll a 10 when the sites are attacking me

Yeah, you just have to make up your own way. I use a six-sided and an eight sided die in addition to the ten-sided one, in cases where I have, like three, four or eight targets. Makes it a bit easier, you don't need to reroll so much when determining who is shot by those damn sites and bandits.

And, yes, it is an awesome game! Welcome to the club!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.