Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Deck-Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Sleeving cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blueberry Storm
msg tools
With all the shuffling involved in deck building games I like to sleeve my cards. Does anyone know if the provided insert works with sleeved cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cooley
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
doesn't work with penny sleeves, i can tell you that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nanthachack
United States
Freehold
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Unsorted components are unwelcome.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer Fantasy Flight Games sleeves myself, as they're the sleeves I used for the DC Comics Deck Building Game. The insert in general is pretty bad, too tight for sleeved cards, too loose without them.

What I do is cut off the corners of the slots in the inserts so the corners of the sleeves don't bend when you put them in. I also found the slots themselves were so tight to need to push the cards down into their slots for some of the stacks, which I alleviated by cutting up the slot a little more to let the cards breathe. It's a bit of a pain, but they now fit pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy holds the cards in penny sleeves just fine. Not sure what everyone is complaining about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Patriss
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nekobat wrote:
My copy holds the cards in penny sleeves just fine. Not sure what everyone is complaining about.

B/c penny sleeves are basically garbage IMHO. To use real sleeves requires work like what LunarKnite said. I think I might try what he did tho.

I used the LOTR LCG FF sleeves and they looks awesome with the set. I currently have them all in a small deck box (less the 1$ at FLGS) but if I can make them fit in the box with some work I would rather do that.

Thanks LK for the idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Babel
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
penny sleeves and mayday premium fit the insert (although premium are pretty tight and have no room for expansions).
I hope crypto is hearing the feedback about this insert now with 2 games (DC) the expansions need to be MUCH better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.