L Myrick
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for blank wooden dice and have thus far been unable to find a US seller of such. Anyone know of any?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett David Spain
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely Bonkers. But I will tell you a secret, All the best people are.
mbmbmbmbmb
They are for a new naval game arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Lauber
United States
Osage City
Kansas
flag msg tools
lmyrick wrote:
I'm looking for blank wooden dice and have thus far been unable to find a US seller of such. Anyone know of any?
Need they actually be dice, or can you go to the local crafts store and purchase blank wooden blocks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Myrick
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeremiahClayton wrote:
I only know where you purchase blank plastic dice.
Why must they be wooden?

I could live with plastic, but I'd prefer wood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Myrick
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried my local FLGS but they didn't have any, and while the manager was searching his distributors on the computer he stopped to take a call from an employee and got into a long, loud argument with the employee which was still going on when I left ten minutes later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mb
Here's a starting point:

http://spotlightongames.com/list/dleft.html#wooden

But, as far as I can tell, you are either looking at dealing with Germany or China for blank wooden dice.

Alternately, email Koplow (or Chessex, if they have wooden dice) and ask if they know a source. Probably, since the costs of imprinting wooden dice is higher (based on labour), you might want to consider slumming to plastic dice. They are abundant in the US.

Good luck!

Michael.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus the Bull
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leslauber wrote:
lmyrick wrote:
Need they actually be dice, or can you go to the local crafts store and purchase blank wooden blocks?

My thoughts exactly. The craft stores I frequent have plenty of different blank wooden cubes of all different sizes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Kloth
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koplow has wooden dice with painted on black pips, so you can either order them that way and go over the pips or you can email koplow and ask if they can send you the dice without pips on them.

Is this for a prototype? If this is for a game being published you shouldn't even bother posting on forums about this stuff. Email every die maker you can find and ask. That's what I did when I had some custom dice made (just so you know custom dice are only feasable if you order in the thousands, unless you want to pay $s for each die).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Paul
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are some blank wooden cubes

http://bgdf.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=36&osCs...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Kloth
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TnT! wrote:

I wouldn't use those as dice. Wooden dice are known to be not perfectly random, but proto parts wooden cubes aren't even equal sided (they are great for german style wood bits though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Lauber
United States
Osage City
Kansas
flag msg tools
JeremiahClayton wrote:
The FLGS here has a stock of blank plastic dice.
I can inquire where they ordered them if you're interested?
I purchased my blank plastic dice (6-sided) from a large school supply/ toy store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.