Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Sniezek
United States
Dorchester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the first player supposed to remain constant throughout the game?

From what I've seen in my test plays, there's an advantage to first-mover status: you are the only one who knows at the start of the season exactly what your recipe options are. Without that knowledge, deciding what ingredients to pick from your brewery improvements each season is more difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
mbmbmbmbmb
There is nothing to indicate the First player would change. In our game I was 4th player and Saw no advantage to being first over fourth. In Fact as fourth player I was the First to reach Pint Limit and subsequently won the game. There are enough "spoiler" or "attack" cards in the deck for everyone to keep a player who may be surging ahead in check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sniezek
United States
Dorchester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It could just be that all my test plays have been two-player, and the attack card option for balance doesn't work as well one-on-one.

Still, I can see no harm to allowing the first player to rotate, so I may try playing that way anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Vanagunas
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would just rotate the first player role. It doesn't seem to make a huge difference from what I have seen, but it does make it more fair play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.