Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Rowe
Canada
High River Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I knew you wanted to mouse over my Avatar :).
mbmbmbmbmb
Starting in June 2013 Me and my wife will be starting a game group out here in High River. We have been waiting to start a group and due to our young kids it was a difficult thing to do.

We have been gaming for over 20 years and have lots of experience with many different types of games. I am willing to play anything and would love to get some war games to the table. My wife enjoy's worker placement and train games. My game collection has grown and shrunk during the years but I still have quite a few to choose from.

We are willing to invite those whom wish to come play games and have fun, we are laid back and do not get too competitive. When I lived in Calgary I had a game group and wrote a monthly newsletter called thegamer hence my name, perhaps if the group grows big enough I can once again do that.

We have three kids aged 8,5 and 3. I will have family game nights where kids that can play games will be invited and this will be clarified in the e mails proceeding the game night. More serious game nights can be arranged once I see what kind of gamers we got around here in the South.

If you have any interest in a game night that will meet twice monthly on Saturday nights please geek mail me and I can add you to my e mail list.

I have three tables and have enough chairs to seat 15 people and a special table I dedicate to ASL if anyone is interested in playing that.We are but 35 minutes south of Mckenzie in South Calgary, thats not a bad drive for gaming is it .

Thanks Everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Train gamer, Euro gamer and War gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Shawnessy, so I'd be willing to drive out if the schedule works. I'm limited to weekends as I work Mon-Fri evenings. Both wargames and "train" games are my favorite categories; although I'm brand new to wargames.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Rowe
Canada
High River Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For being new you have a nice collection of games. Thanks for the response Shane I will keep you posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Corbett
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Add me up. I have a 5 and 3 year old as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Wise men say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
mbmbmbmbmb
Why couldn't I have known you when I lived in High River? I'm trying to move back to Canada.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Rowe
Canada
High River Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome Kevin. I will keep in touch once things get rolling.

Canadian Dave it can be very interesting that we can live half our life and not even realize that our close neighbours are gamers too. BGG helps alot in that regard, sure beats putting my name into a gaming magazine like it was back in the early 80's.

Hope your quest in life brings you back to Canada.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Derek, glad to see you're starting a game group. It's been about two years since our families last met up for some eurogaming. At any rate Cheryl and myself would be glad to join in. If you want an opponent for some wargaming anytime just let me know.

You might want to mention your group with Calgary Tabletop Gaming Meetup Group http://www.meetup.com/boardgames-33/ (currently over 700 members).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Rowe
Canada
High River Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Robert how have things been? Good to hear from you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doing very well. If you think toddlers are time vampires wait till you have a teenager to deal with like me.

I regularly travel up to the Monday night gaming group at Sentry Box, the Saturday Calgary Strategy and Wargaming Group gatherings, Brentwood Coop game meets etc.. Currently the only High River gaming that I'm involved with is the Magic the Gathering group that meets 7:30pm Wednesdays at Monster Hobbies (We also break out boardgames from time to time).

My collection of games has greatly increased in the last few years. I seem to be playing a lot of GMT games recently (ie. Twilight Struggle).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Rowe
Canada
High River Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a friendly reminder that the first game night in High River will be this up coming Saturday June 15th 2013.

I know June is a very busy month but hope to meet some new people.

Cheers

Derek
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.