Popular Tags: [View All]
Wayne Moulton Jr.
United States
Portsmouth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been posted before. I did not see anything.

What is the best way to store Heroscape tiles?

Thanks in advance,

Wayne

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In those big rubbermaid tubs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plastic rubbermail tubs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Sweet
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also use a CD holder to organize and store the army cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Bryant
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep my figures in a Stanley toolbox (which may soon be too small for the collection blush ) and the terrain in a big rubbermaid container. Each type of land gets its own freezer bag, except for the big plates, which are free-range in the bim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(I have one master set and one of each expansion).
I use a rubbermaid 14 gallon tub to hold everything. Inside of that, I use a smaller container to hold the figures. I use ziplock bags to seperate the single hex pieces into colors and use the thick rubberbands from Sunday newspapers to hold the two-hex tiles in stacks (again, by color). Dice and markers also get their own ziplock. The rest I stack and lock together. Keeping pieces like this, it takes very little time to setup maps (even those I haven't seen or built before).

The big CD wallets (the kind with pages that hold 4 CDs) are nice for holding the army cards and make looking through the cards easy for drafting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 11 MS and 4x of all expansions. I use 1 large rubbermaid to carry all of the 24 and 7 hex pieces along with the ruins and a smaller rubbermaid to carry all of the smaller pieces(sorted by color in 2 gallon ziplocks)as well as the figures(in ziplocks) on a tray. Yeah, the game gets pretty bulky, but the payoff is a map that easily handles 6 players at the local game shop!

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one MS and I use a Rubbermaid plastic bin with snap lids. I use gallon ziplock bags for the tiles (depending on size) and smaller bags for the smaller tiles, etc. All bags are labeled so it's easy to put them back into storage when I'm doing playing.

~V

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will (JR) Todd
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rent a space at ACME storage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Moulton Jr.
United States
Portsmouth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool thanks for all the suggestions. It looks as if Heavy Duty Ziplocks and Rubermaid it is.

I will work on an orginization system in a little bit.

Thanks,

Wayne

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I just stuff everything back into the box. Lava goes in the Volcarren Wasteland box, and figures go into the Orm's Return box. Not very organized, but at least nothing gets lost!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Richards
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
zman44 wrote:
I just stuff everything back into the box. Lava goes in the Volcarren Wasteland box, and figures go into the Orm's Return box. Not very organized, but at least nothing gets lost!

I used to do it that way but it took way to long to put every thing away. So I too switched to the rubbermaid box and I put heros in one plastic ziplock bag and I put troops in another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Richards
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
I'm starting to have a storage problem, my self.

Out of all the problems there are with board games, the only one problem I see with heroscape is, infact, storage.

Mabey I just have way too much..........NAH!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dyer
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was another thread, a couple of months ago, that covered this subject too. And there are a few photos of storage items in the gallery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.