City of Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Zombie leader + crossroads question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mac Chua
Philippines
Manila
flag msg tools
Just took this game out for the first playthrough and it was met positively. However, some questions came up during gameplay that we could not find the answer to in the rulebook.

Scenario:
Purple has one character on crossroads, and Orange player has three characters on crossroads. Two zombies are present. During resolution, Zombie leader was then sent to orange via action card by player Yellow. Orange has no cards to play, and is therefore the victim. Must he now choose one of his three characters to be fed to the zombies?

We assumed that he now had to choose which one of his characters had to be eaten. So he chose his lowest valued character to go. However, Yellow was not through with him yet and played 'Weapon Replica,' making Orange change his choice to his highest valued character instead. Is this within the rules?

After a short discussion, we went with 'don't do it for now, but we will look into this.' Orange then loses his lowest valued character on crossroads and receives first player token. The two zombies present on crossroads remained.

Was this played correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swan Bones
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weapon Replica can be only used to steal votes. There are no votes in the crossroads so no, it is not within the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dante Tulos
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But to add to the above, the person losing the character gets to pick. So choosing the lowest value character is fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Chua
Philippines
Manila
flag msg tools
Thanks for the clarifications!

At the end of the game, orange still got the short end of the stick; but apparently, it was karma for blowing up the water tower on purpose, with yellow still on it.

One more clarification, if I may. The 'Teargas grenade' card can only be played against other action cards: is this the correct interpretation? Since this was our first game, we had a player use it to stop others from using a character card ability and using a location ability. We weren't sure if this was allowable, but we let it pass since we were on our first game anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dante Tulos
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure on the exact rules, I'm sure someone here could quote it, but I have always assumed it's action cards only as that's what the symbol signifies.

However, I am certain that you can't cancel someone activating a location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swan Bones
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The English rules are very clear:
Quote:
Cancel the Action card which was just played.

So only the card. Not the ability or the location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dante Tulos
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick look a the rules and it simply says;

Quote:
Cancel the Action Card that was just played.

So, Action Cards only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.