Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Watson
United States
Belle Plaine
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is a 2-player card game approximately 350 years old. It apparently fell out of favor toward the end of WWI, when other games rose to greater popularity. Be that as it may, it is my opinion that any game which can survive 300 or so years must be of superior quality and it is a matter simply of discovery to learn why this game lasted so long. Will anyone be playing Monopoly in 2250? Can I learn the hidden truths of Piquet? Could it be possible to revive this antique past-time and broaden its appreciation on every continent? Will Rick finally kill the Governor? Will Hodor ever learn another word?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Berryhill
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I learned the rules and played with 2 different people for a couple months. I like the different stages of scoring and whatnot. I love the historical aspect of it as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Burlot
France
flag msg tools
mb
kawlaw wrote:
Could it be possible to revive this antique past-time and broaden its appreciation on every continent?

I hope it is and I am trying to spread the word. I created the French wikipedia page on piquet about one year ago because, I am ashamed to say, there was none until then. I am also in the process of creating a website dedicated exclusively to piquet, the first version should be online in a few days. It will be in French but once I get things rolling, I'll make an English version to hopefully reach a broader audience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colte Williams

Utah
msg tools
I have been playing this game with my partner for over a year now. Its great fun, Its the only two player card game that's as fun or more fun than the multiplayer card games (Pinochle, Euchre, Bridge, Rook, ect). We usually play every Sunday morning; it'd be great to see more people take up playing Piquet. I prefer the Au Cent version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.