Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Berger
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a program in the BBC Four series The Golden Age of Steam Railways all about the restoration of two Welsh narrow gauge railways, one of which is the Blaenau Ffestiniog, as featured in Tony's great game.

It's a wonderful film, full of super 8 footage taken throughout the 60s and 70s during the restoration, and full of wonderful characters. Well worth a watch, while it's still on iPlayer.
[edit - this only works in the UK, sorry]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01p8w38/The_Golden_Age...

Most fascinating is the 'deviation', a large spiral built solely by volunteers, including blasting through a mountain! The building of the deviation seems worthy of an expansion Tony, what do you reckon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Incao
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Buy Stronghold Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Viewable in the UK only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Berger
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, sorry - I meant to mention that - it's why I put UK in the post title. I've added that to the post now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam 'Fenn' Fenton
Scotland
Falkirk
flag msg tools
200 Geekgold and all I got was this lousy Overtext
badge
Oooh - I got this Overtext too!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much for sharing this link. Me and my fiancée will be going to Snowdonia on our honeymoon in October, so we're looking forward to seeing all of this for ourselves!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jools Thomas
Japan
Takarazuka
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, you can use iplayer abroad: http://thenextweb.com/apps/2010/10/30/how-to-watch-bbc-iplay...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.