Bratislava
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if anyone comes up with house rules to adjust points below:

- make healing potions stronger
- make the event affect only board on which it was revealed
- only 2 tokens needed to activate the curse in the castle
- make spells stronger
- bell allows only to defend (with negative modifier)
- tower attacks even if not manned / ranged attacks with modifiers (?)
- combat cards, draw 3 keep 1?

Just wild guessing... ... would love to play with the components as they look great!

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sautman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had been considering the same thing. The spells, potions, etc. are not powerful enough considering how much damage you will likely take in order to be able to purchase them. These imbalances seem to be one of the main complaints, yet seem like they could be fixed relatively easy.

If nobody else has developed these, I might take a stab in the next few months since I'd like to make this a better game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
zautman wrote:
I had been considering the same thing. The spells, potions, etc. are not powerful enough considering how much damage you will likely take in order to be able to purchase them. These imbalances seem to be one of the main complaints, yet seem like they could be fixed relatively easy.

If nobody else has developed these, I might take a stab in the next few months since I'd like to make this a better game.

Well, Mark, any success in reviving the purported mess?
I bought IAV on a whim (dazzled by its beauty), and would love to get it to be more enjoyable. (I'm working on it too.)

BTW, has anyone gotten the expansion Bonus Pack, and does it correct any of the shortcomings?

Thx! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.