Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Deck-Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Impossible Mode rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Nanthachack
United States
Freehold
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Unsorted components are unwelcome.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, my friends and I have played Impossible Mode, but we've seemed to have forgotten the exact order they were originally in. Anyone remember the order starting from Nazgul?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
They aren't numbered, or otherwise have some markings that indicate difficulty?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nanthachack
United States
Freehold
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're supposed to be in a specific order, so while I can guess they would be in Level order, I feel as if they were not originally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
I was thinking it was level order as I seem to remember that the normal bad guys deck was in level order (unless using a "random" variant), so I am just guessing that the impossible mode would be the same.
Do the cards have the same names as the regular cards, just bigger stats? That would be a big clue, in my mind anyway.

I don't have this game (just remembering from preview videos), so I'm sure someone will crack open the deck just to set us straight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nanthachack
United States
Freehold
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the normal baddies are in level order. Even if the impossible mode is in level order, there's still three in level 2 and three in level 3 which I don't know the order for.

The names are the same, though. But I still have a feeling they aren't completely in level order or cost order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Here is the order as the come in the wrapped pack:

Nazgul
Cave Troll
Watcher in the Water
Ulaire Ostea
Saruman
The Witch-King
The Balrog
Lurtz

After you have played them in order, feel free to set them at random (but still by level) just like with a normal game set-up.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nanthachack
United States
Freehold
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Matt! I knew we could have just done it randomly like the base game, but wanted to try the exact order a few more times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.