11 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: X-Wing Version 2? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Lutovsky
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How would you feel if one of the new Wave 3 ships was another X-Wing?

With probably a new paint job and obviously new pilots. Wes Janson or Plourr (sp?) for example. And maybe a generic Rogue Squadron pilot.

Would you feel that'd be a cop out or a nice addition, having a new paint job and new pilots?

Or perhaps a Stealth-X. An X-Wing with vastly different stats than the X-Wing we have now.

With the limited number of ships this might not be all too far fetched of a move.

I personally would think it'd be nice to have more unique X-Wing pilots even if the cards just came separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
Germany
flag msg tools
Move along, move along...
mbmbmbmbmb
With another 3 episodes coming soon and some possibility that we might see a Next Gen X-Wing then I doubt FFG will take the chance to put one out now...

Edit: Sorry, misunderstood the post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Alves
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i would love more pilots and upgrades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I don't know if I've said this in public yet, but... the Stealth-X is one of the pieces of canon I prefer to pretend doesn't exist.

Don't get me wrong, it's not as bad as, say, the Yuuzhan Vong ("hey, we've built up the Jedi again, and it's getting boring around here, so let's make a race of Force-immune supervillains!") or Vector Prime ("I'm RA Salvatore, and if you don't pay attention to me, the Wookiee gets it.") But the Stealth-X strikes me as both a lazy conceptual/visual design and an impractical set of manufacturing decisions: why would you go to all the trouble of developing a smaller airframe (spaceframe?) with drastically different equipment and loadout, but keep the visual look the same?

It sounds a lot to me like Mr. Denning said: "You know what would be really cool? If they had X-wings, but all in black and, like... stealthy and stuff." I don't buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stone
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Stone is the name and Art is my game!
badge
What number are we thinking of? 69!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the stealth x. having read most of the recent novels, it's nice to see a picture of what I've only imagined.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Leahy
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Variant paint jobs, yes please, but hold the stealth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Owen
United States
Munster
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are so many ships and fighters (especially since they've added medium and soon larger ships than the falcon and slave)in the Star Wars galaxy that a reprint of another ship will be highly unlikely for some time (save Wave 1 lol) I can see them doing pilot and upgrades for existing ones with like a set fleet booster pack that would be like $20 and add one or two pilots to most of the current available ships. IDK that's just a theory who knows maybe they will throw another X-wing out there with cult favorite porkins or one of a billion other characters. The question is which and how much of the Star Wars canon universe will they go through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ironman2140 wrote:
There are so many ships and fighters (especially since they've added medium and soon larger ships than the falcon and slave)in the Star Wars galaxy that a reprint of another ship will be highly unlikely for some time (save Wave 1 lol) I can see them doing pilot and upgrades for existing ones with like a set fleet booster pack that would be like $20 and add one or two pilots to most of the current available ships. IDK that's just a theory who knows maybe they will throw another X-wing out there with cult favorite porkins or one of a billion other characters. The question is which and how much of the Star Wars canon universe will they go through.

The Falcon and Slave-1 are large ships according to the rulebook that comes with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Owen
United States
Munster
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know they're "Large" in the rulebook I'm just saying there are larger ships that could be on the horizon for all we know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Crabtree
msg tools
Ironman2140 wrote:
I know they're "Large" in the rulebook I'm just saying there are larger ships that could be on the horizon for all we know.

Anything with a larger base than the firespray and YT1300 would be unusable on a play surface of 3x3. Let alone God awfully expensive. And you're "larger ships" would be a blocade runner at 18 inches, and a rebel transport at 14 inches, the latter of which has no armaments to speak of.

as for the "Stealth X" i agree, total cop out. I'd much rather see repaints, squadron packs and more pilots. and bring on the E wing and Tie-Defender

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Hamp
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to me there's a couple of options for new versions of some of the same pilots too. I imagine Luke got better (and a few new tricks) between his Episode 4 self and his Episode 6 self, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.