Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does special rule #6 apply when there's a time trigger while the time marker is on an even space, or when the time marker MOVES TO an even space?

(I tend to think it's the former, but just to make sure...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
The latter, since the marker moves as the first act of a Time trigger and the special rule says it is implemented at the end of a trigger. In other words, you check the condition for special rule #6 "At the end of every Time trigger...".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Chad.
We ended up doing it that way, after much discussion. But we still weren't sure.

I don't the scenario in front of me, but there was something in the wording (akin to "at the end of each time trigger when the time marker is on an even-numbered space") that made it sound like it could be interpreted as "when a time trigger hits, if the marker is on an even-numbered space..."

Not that it would have mattered a lot, in the final analysis.

And in any case, I got completely slaughtered (as the Japanese). The game was completely against me, my opponent always had a hidden wire or a fire exactly when it was needed, and I kept rolling duds.
One of our entirely forgettable games. But at 259 games (and counting!), we can expect a few blowouts here and there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
For clarity, the first part of that rule should probably have instead been worded something like: "At the end of every Time trigger, with if the time marker is on an even-numbered space,...".

Glad you're still having fun with CC, Francis!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone dalla Chiesa
Italy
Cassina de' Pecchi
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mb
But what happens then? The Allied player makes a free roll, and what is she to do with the chosen unit? Put it as Reinforcements on the Time track? Put it right on her map edge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.